Nikon ML BDC Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
Any help with this problem would be appreciated. CVA Optima Pro - 3 pellets Pyrodex, 209 ML primer, TC 250gr Bullet - from a bench - 100yd w/crosshair - dead center - 200yd w/200yd circle(2nd one) - 7 1/2" high - 200yd w/150yd circle(1st one) - 3" low - 200yd w/crosshair - 8" low. What's up with this? I think the scope may be calbrated wrong. Anyone else have this type problem.

It depends upon the power you have the scope set to. The 100 yard crosshair should be accurate at any power setting once zeroed in, but the rest of the reticle will only be accurate at a certain power setting depending on your sabot/bullet and loads. Ideally, you zero in on 100 yards with the crosshairs at any power and then play with the power of the scope at 250 yards until the 250 yard dot hits where you want. Then you should mark where your scope power is set (fingernail polish or the like) so that you can set it to that when shooting over 100 yards. The nikon manual explains it quite well.
http://nikonsro.com/fileuploads/pdfs/OMEGA_manual.pdf

I called Nikon and they said bascially the same thing. Scope was set on 9x and Nikon said send them the scope as there appears to be a problem.

It is a problem. I use the same scope,and it's zeroed at 100yds on 9 power. When shooting at anything over 100yds,crank it up to 9 and they will be spot on. I also use maxima bases and rings,your scope height might not match up the same,and that would effect the trajectory as well. Ron

Latest posts

Back