New Crop Of Bucks

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

falcon

FML Supporter
Every year we have promising young bucks at this place.  Every year they get poached by the scumbag neighbor before deer season.  

patocazador

Definitely a promising group of future trophies.

Won't the local LEO do anything about this poacher?

falcon

FML Supporter
Won't the local LEO do anything about this poacher?
No.   Some OK county sheriffs don't want to enforce game laws or trespass laws.  Game wardens transfer out in a year or two.

Sharpsman

In about four years they'd probably make some trophy type bucks!

Brandon Mulhern with his Dad's 2014 Kansas whitetail buck. by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

900bk by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Davebk by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

It takes five years for a whitetail buck to reach maturity but research has shown that growth can continue up until about the 9th year provided adequate feed and cover is available and no disease occurs! All three of the whitetails shown here were aged by biologist at 8-8.5 years. My son is shown with the buck I took in Kansas in 2014, one below that was in 2013, and our friend Dave is shown with his 2013 buck! One reason Kansas has these type deer is that they only have a ten day rifle season! You can hunt with ML for that time but that license won't transfer over into the regular rifle season and the Kansas Department of Wildlife sets the regular rifle season for dates that don't usually occur at the normal time of rut! I hunted Kansas last season...saw at least 25-30 bucks but never squeezed a trigger! If I can't take one like in the upper photo....I'll just sit, watch, wait, and enjoy the day! Life is good! :cheers: :Salute:

Latest posts