power settings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superglide

Reaction score
i have been shooting my omega with an elite 3200 3x9 scope.when shooting i leave it on 6 power at 100 yds and shoots dead center with groups at 1 inch to inch and a half.i tried today at same distance but at 9 power an was shooting about an inch to the left.is this normal,or is scope broken or is it me.i do notice at 9 power taret is in focus but crosshairs more sensitive when aiing

I believe it should shoot the same on any power setting. Thats the ideal situation but maybe there is a difference in your scope with different power settings. Did you happen to have a right hand crosswind when shooting? Its surprising how a little wind (especially if gusty) can make a big difference. In a T/C video I watched, a 10 mph crosswind can move a 250 gr bullet 1 to 2 inches off center at 100 yards and about 10 inches off center when shooting at 200 yards.

Most any variable scope can change the impact point with power adjustments, the better, more expensive ones less so. If that's what you have it sounds fairly minor. I do my final sight in at the expected hunting power, usually 3 or so, & pretty much leave it alone.

i have a 3200 3x9 scope on my ENCORE and have no variation ..did u shoot a group of 3 bullets at 9x to make sure that it was not you that moved ????

Latest posts

Back