No Excuses Conicals

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried them in my .451 in 460 gr. Over 70 gr of Pyro P they shoot under an inch at 50. I have not tried them at 100 yet. I need to get some wads to try with them to see if they shoot better. Have you seen wads helping with accuracy on these?>

Some guys use the wads,,some don't. I use them just for the insurance against "leading". Never noticed a HUGE difference in accuracy, though.

I use them in my White Lightening - 70 gr T7 2f - no wad.
Bang flop.

Use the 348 gr PB's in my sidelocks with 70-90 gr of Pyro RS depending on the rifle. Works very well, usually bang flops inside of 50 yards. Usually recover the bullet on the far hide, so not so great on the blood trail. I don't think I will buy more when they are gone, though. The price is just too high on them. I am going to try the 350 gr FPB when they are done, since I bought several packs at Walmart clearance prices.

I shot off a box of them just last week out of my Ultra Mag and my Bison. They did really well. And I was not using a wad.

Chief

I have a few boxes of them but I caint shoot em from my White - I have the U-mag and they go right to the bottom - no ram rod needed at all. I have to use Dan's .5045's and they are somewhat loose. Sure couldn't shoot dem with BH.

I'm sure they WOULD shoot IF they were SIZED right.. In my 97s they have always shot GOOD...but not GREAT...but they are always sized too small...

I have tried them in a U-M, have to hold barrel up tho, otherwise they fall out. :roll:

348 powerbelt aerotips (348) actually I have shot 2 elk (1 bull 1 cow) with them :lol: Omega tho, not a U-M, the best White out there ,best crown too,Do you have one Bat? :lol:
RC

Latest posts

Back