EABCO PEEP RIB SIGHT SYSTEM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of the eabco's ordered for my Triumph and plan on using my existing medium TC Maxima QD rings...won't be able to report until they are in hand, but the order was mailed this week... 8)

Using those rings on that base you will need the TALL rings. I know because I tried the medium and sent them back to Cabelas. I'm waiting on the talls to come in which are backordered. The scope hits the peep with the mediums.

Look on the websight that sells that base. They mention on there that you need the tall rings when using the Warne QD. I wish I had noticed that sooner.

Cajun said:
Using those rings on that base you will need the TALL rings. I know because I tried the medium and sent them back to Cabelas. I'm waiting on the talls to come in which are backordered. The scope hits the peep with the mediums.

Look on the websight that sells that base. They mention on there that you need the tall rings when using the Warne QD. I wish I had noticed that sooner.
Can you give me a link to where you read that?

Cajun

I also looked at the eabco website, but don't see the mention of having to use the high Warne QD rings for a scope to clear the peeprib... :?

Can you steer me in the right direction to find it?

Cleboje

Medium Warne rights was certainly high enough for me. The catch is you have to keep the peep between the power adjustment ring and the rear scope ring. Works just fine that way.

2006rangepics%20350.jpg

2006rangepics%20348.jpg

Okay, I know I'm not loosing my mind. We'll maybe I am. I can't find it on their site but I know I read they suggest their Interlock rings and mentioned Warne High Rings work too.

Chuck,
When I mounted the base I used my existing rear sight to sight in the peep. The rear sight and the peep are both hi on the base. (My original rear sight was sighted in.) I'm using that as a starting point for the peep. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

With it the way it is, with the medium, the scope sat slighty on top the peep. My scope is a Bushnel Banner 3x9. If a gun sights in with the peep sight sitting low on the base, then the medium would work. I don't think my peep will be off by much if any when I shoot it so I'm going with the tall.

I have a link book marked on my PC at home. I'll look tonight to see if that is where I read it.

To the other guys, after seeing Chuck's setup, I would say that the medium might work on yours if your peep is set low enough on the base. I didn't think about it that way before.

I wondered if they had changed their web page and I think they did so I emailed them:

You had on your web site at one time what Warne scope rings your company recommended for the Encore/Omega peep sight base. Can you please give me the link to that. I cannot find it again.Thanks,

This is their response:
http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm OR http://www.eabco.com/Warne01.html
If you are going with the Warne you MUST at least get a high ring to clear the Peep.
Thanks
Janelle
E. Arthur Brown Co.
Customer Service
4088 County Rd 40 NW
Garfield, MN 56332
Ph: 320.834.3000
Fax:320.834.3002
Em: [email protected]

I think they suggest this if you want the full adjustable range of the peep.

Cajun - Thanks for getting the eabco recommendation;
Chuck - Thanks for the pics.

After viewing Chuck's pic, I got all excited about how it will work on my Triumph, but since I will be mounting a bushnell banner 3x9 scope with medium Warne Maxima rings, I am a little apprehensive to see if mine will fit together or not...

I will post up when the peeprib arrives...

big6x6 said:
Medium Warne rights was certainly high enough for me. The catch is you have to keep the peep between the power adjustment ring and the rear scope ring. Works just fine that way.

2006rangepics%20350.jpg

2006rangepics%20348.jpg
Mediums will not work with the Omega scope :!: Even the talls will be borderline if I have to move the peep adjustment back very much :(

I got my "high" rings yesterday and mounted my scope last night. The High worked good with a Bushnel Banner 3x9 with a little room to spare.

I also got my eabco peeprib last night and did a quickie mount to see how the Bushnell Banner 3x9 scope with medium Maxima (made by Warne) rings would work...

Good news is I got it to fit. :D

Bad news is I have to unscrew and remove the sight aperture piece from the peeprib ramp to provide enough clearance for the scope to fit. :(

I don't have pics yet, but when posted, they will show how close the clearance is...

Cajun, you are correct...the high rings are the way to go (even says so on the mounting instruction sheet)!

Latest posts

Back