Scope Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobbler getter

Reaction score
i bought a savage ml and it came with a simmons 3x9x40 scope my question is will this scope hold up or do i need to pull it and buy something else.

The ML Savages can be a bit hard on cheaper scopes. Many pull that scope and rings/bases off and substitute a better qualifty combo. You could either sell that scope or use it on something else.

jims said:
The ML Savages can be a bit hard on cheaper scopes. Many pull that scope and rings/bases off and substitute a better qualifty combo. You could either sell that scope or use it on something else.
Good advice.

gobbler getter said:
i bought a savage ml and it came with a simmons 3x9x40 scope my question is will this scope hold up or do i need to pull it and buy something else.

Start off right and get rid of the trash and get a good scope with steel rings and bases.

I have a Savage 10 ml with a Simmons 3x9 - 44 on it, probably a different Simmons scope than you have and I have used it for many years without a problem and no change in zero

Back