New KRB7 breechplugs for BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just read where Knight is coming out wtih a new breechplug design that should shoot BH 209. A guy on another website said he talked with customer service and they said they would send him one as soon as they were ready to ship. Didn't say when that would be

Will be curious to see how that affects the misfire issue the rolling block has been having since BH has more fouling in the blowback and that seems to be what is causing the misfires on this rifle.

Could you please post a link or let us know where you read about the new breech plug? This is the first I have heard of it. Thanks!

Crap now i have to go buy a KRB iv been wanting one for awhile but wanted it to shoot BH

funman said:
Crap now i have to go buy a KRB iv been wanting one for awhile but wanted it to shoot BH

Knight is reacting pretty fast to this i think. I think Knights are better guns then T/C so i will be happy watching how they promote or redesign a gun for BH209.

I just talked with customer service at Knight and they are not ready to release a breechplug yet but claim that they will have one by early spring. Apparently they know how to do it but want to be sure that they have not created another problem before releasing the plug to production. The guy I talked to was somewhat cautious about the plug but indicated that it has a larger dished out face compared with the stock plug that is actually domed. The stock plug does not have enough meat to machine a dished face without cutting into the large diameter hole from the 209 primer to the restriction at the face. If they back off on the large diameter hole from the 209 primer leaving more meat at the front face of the plug then they can machine a dished face and the combination will shorten up the flame travel to the powder which should result in positive ignition. They are just cautious about causing a system that will have increased blowback. The good part is that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I love the Knight of old. ... Disc Extreme and the Disc Elite were and are fantastic guns. They have certainly lost me with their new lineup. They are still great guns and a good company but their new product line does not appeal to me.

T/C on the other hand has ( IMHO ) the best breach design out there. The Triumph/Endeavor breech design is the best and cleanest I have seen.

I wish the Shadow was more attractive. You guys don't like the Long Range Hunter?

I wish the Shadow was more attractive.

I dont like the looks of that one either i dont think they have a stainless version of that either. I really like the extremes and i think they look good too.

Swampman said:
I wish the Shadow was more attractive. You guys don't like the Long Range Hunter?

Yes,

I DO like the LRH.... but for $700.00 + :oops:

That is nearly 3 Triumphs from wally world.

I fear Knight has become more of a "Marketing" company rather than a "Gun" company.

How about for $536.00 ?

That's the delivered price from Bud's Gun Shop.

Latest posts

Back