Diamond/Bowtech X-bow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: :shock: :shock: seriously, i wonder how much of that sticker price includes the actual components used to make the crossbow, and how much is just a price on hype :roll:

kind of an interesting design, though, looks like they used a reflex riser to reduce the brace height. i guess that's always the problem with a crossbow ... it's necessarily going to be a short-draw bow, so you don't have a very long power stroke, and you have to use very high draw weights to generate velocity. looks neat 8)

I agree with you on the hype factor!! Most of this technology was already developed... Knock the price down to around 900 and I don't think they could build enough of them. Looks to me like this bow has a longer stroke than others... Tons of power for a cross bow..

Reports say they are quiet.. Like their compounds. If that is true they will certainly have a great x-bow for the public! The price is .... Well.... STUPID!

How is that thing worth 2X my Tribute??

:think:

It's for real - I shot one. It is very fast and heavy. It is a huge x-bow. Reminds me of the Devastator. A store I use got 3 in. Sold 2 and the 3rd was missing a part on the axle that holds the cam. They have tried to make contact with the manufacturer for 2 weeks to get the part. No response from the factory. I believe it's draw wt is 225, not 175 but could be wrong. Most who've tried it, and can afford it, buy it. It is too heavy for me. I have a 175 Parker, thumbhole stock that shoots 341'/sec very accuratel. The store prices are in the $1600-$1800 range. The Striker is very loud, awkard to hold and carry. It's like the beanfield rifle of crossbows. As soon as other companies make more managible sized x-bows closer to this speed range, I think it will fall by the way-side. I do not know about its accuracy; however, those who own it say it is accurate. It does have a wider bow and long draw length.

They've also released the little brother to the Striker - the DE version which is shorter, much lighter (on the pocketbook too!), and slower (~355fps). They had it on demo at the DU show in Wisconsin last weekend, it was much more manuverable than the Striker.

Well, I took the plunge and bought the Bowtech Stryker. I have been shooting the TenPoint. The Tenpoint is now my backup bow. This Stryker is awsome! A litle large and heavy, but not unworkable. Power is flat amazing. My Tenpoint Elite is comfortable at 40 yards, beyond that I don't want to do for deer. The Stryker is at minumum 60 yards with total comfort, power, and 1" groups. Last night I started shooting 80 yards. I will practice more at 80 before making a determination but there is more power at 80 than the Tenpoint has at 40, so energy to dispatch a deer is not in question. 1 1/2" groups seem repeatable at 80 so I may move my comfort zone out the 80 after more practice. I wish Tenpoint made this bow instead of Bowtech. Tenpoint understands customer service better than the Bowtech folks do.

Mike

Wow... that report has the wheels a turnin !!!!! :shock:

Would it be possible to get a pic with both bows side by side? I am interested in seeing the physical size of both for comparison.

Thanks!

mikec said:
Well, I took the plunge and bought the Bowtech Stryker. I have been shooting the TenPoint. The Tenpoint is now my backup bow. This Stryker is awsome! A litle large and heavy, but not unworkable. Power is flat amazing. My Tenpoint Elite is comfortable at 40 yards, beyond that I don't want to do for deer. The Stryker is at minumum 60 yards with total comfort, power, and 1" groups. Last night I started shooting 80 yards. I will practice more at 80 before making a determination but there is more power at 80 than the Tenpoint has at 40, so energy to dispatch a deer is not in question. 1 1/2" groups seem repeatable at 80 so I may move my comfort zone out the 80 after more practice. I wish Tenpoint made this bow instead of Bowtech. Tenpoint understands customer service better than the Bowtech folks do.

Mike
Even tho I stated that it was a bit heavy and large for me, I would have taken it home to test and possibly buy. The store wanted me to benchtest it against the 175 Parker and top of line Ten Point. We waited 2 weeks for a response from the manuf to get the clip that holds the cam axle. No response and no one would return the stores call. This tipped the scales to the point I wasn't interested. I get the idea that it is the beanfield x-bow of x-bows. The parker is great but has accuracy nowhere near what you're reporting. Glad it is doing so well.

Improving accuracy

Still playing with this Stryker bow, probably have 200+ shots through it now. The serving on the sting let loose, Bowtech replaced it free so that was good.

I have begun making arrow changes and I think I am on to better accuaracy. The Stryker bolts do not group as well as my Tenpoint, but groups are really good. I tried the Stryker bolts with 3" Quickspin vanes, about the same. Got some Carbon express with 5" vanes and groups got a lot better, but speed dropped a tiny bit. Tomorrow I will try Easton bolts with 4" Quickspins. My gut tells me this will be the winning combination.

Mike

Latest posts

Back