Forgot about this

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Was cleaning up my shelf in the shop and came across a small paint can filled with lead. Powerbelt lead!! I melted it down and ran it through the heat twice to get as much as possible. I ended up with 6lbs of this beautiful soft lead. I think my chick is buying me the 360gr minie mold so this is what i will use for those.

Heres 4lbs of the lead. I have another 2 lbs in the shop cooling down + another can of recovered powerbelts to melt down and block up.
hawkenprb664027.jpg

Hopefully the Accura will shoot the Minie's okay. If not, im sure i got something in here that will :lol:

I disagree, i believe this is the best use for powerbelts :wink:

295 pure lead series with 90 grains of powder.

115 yards with one fantastic shot in the lungs.

33 wide and 218 3/8 gross.

DSCF2266.jpg

The part that surprises me is that you have a chick. Could you please post a picture of her so we can decide if we aprove of her.
Art

flounder said:
The part that surprises me is that you have a chick. Could you please post a picture of her so we can decide if we aprove of her.
Art

:lol: nice try. Also have another one the side :twisted:

frontier gander said:
flounder said:
Art

:lol: nice try. Also have another one the side :twisted:

I wouldnt brag about that, there is more pride in having one good woman who trusts you and and that you love unconditionalyl. To each their own...

Ever tried to cast a heavy conicals like a great plains or somethign like that? Always wondered if that would e a cheap way to shoot. Could water cool them to give them some hardness...

dropping them straight into cold water and letting them sit for 24 hours will harden them but for a muzzy you want them soft. Ive casted a bunch of pistol bullets but never a big conical... yet!

I have done ALOT of shooting (used to shoot 3000 rounds of pistol a month when I shot USPSA and I have reloaded for 17 years but never casted a single bullet. I thought you would want a little bit of toughness to a conical.

if the lead is to hard, it will be a bear getting down the bore as the rifling wont be able to cut it as easily. I bought some Minie conicals years ago for an X-150 i had and what ever the guy uses, they were so tough that i had to use a small mallet to get them down the barrel.

:lol: nice try. Also have another one the side :twisted:[/quote]

Does #1 know about #2????

She does NOW!! :lol:

HawgHunter Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the best use of a powerbelt bullet that I've ever seen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: X 10

Gander ,I knew you would find a use for them someday. Lee

Geez FG,
Can I go hunting with you sometime?

frontier gander said:
I disagree, i believe this is the best use for powerbelts :wink:

295 pure lead series with 90 grains of powder.

115 yards with one fantastic shot in the lungs.

33 wide and 218 3/8 gross.

DSCF2266.jpg

Wow!! Gander Woods!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I don't need no stinking Powerbelt lead... 8) :wink:

80 my azz!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back