Accura vs. Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drb111

Reaction score
Greetings. New here. I have an Omega and love it. There was a debate on another site about Omega vs. Accura and Accura seemed to have the edge. What are the opinions here? Cabelas has some pretty good deals on accuras currently and those deals will only get better as the hunting seasons get closer to ending. Either way, I love my omega and it has filled my freezer here in VA! Thanks

A lot of people would take the Accura over the Omega they are about the same price and it depends on the person and what you think is convenient.
If you really want the best combination of accuracy and convenience take a look at a Triumph. Lee

accura is a better built gun. Has the bergara barrel made in spain. They stand behinds its accuracy too :yeah: :yeah:

accura. just an awesome set up vs what the omega offers. ive owned both. i currently own the ss/black thumbhole accura and love it. its easier to clean. shoulders better, open sights are awesome and can actually be used.

OptimaAndy said:
accura is a better built gun. Has the bergara barrel made in spain. They stand behinds its accuracy too :yeah: :yeah:[/quote

Same here, had both and Accura better of the two. The Triumph is more in the Accura league

frontier gander said:
accura. just an awesome set up vs what the omega offers. ive owned both. i currently own the ss/black thumbhole accura and love it. its easier to clean. shoulders better, open sights are awesome and can actually be used.

I own an omega and the sights are great. If you had a problem with those sights then it had to be your problem. I've never heard a complaint about those sights. They work fabulous.
[/b]

I have an Omega and I will always have an Omega - it is a great gun. Very simple operation - solid - no hinges - and the open sights work great with the factory stock. If you put a scope with a 40+ objective on it you might need a comb lift.

Another good thought - It shoots anything you put done it very well and is not that finiky about which powder or how much of it.

omegasmoke said:
frontier gander said:

I own an omega and the sights are great. If you had a problem with those sights then it had to be your problem. I've never heard a complaint about those sights. They work fabulous.
[/b]

wasnt my problem, tc didnt have anything to fix it. 8" high @ 50 yards with 80gr rs and a 405gr powerbelt. they wanted me to send it in for a barrel replacement! ha. that wasnt going to happen.

my tc hawken sights also sucked. not enough adjustment to the right. IMO TC needs to spend a little more $ and update their sights as they arent cutting it for the price they charge for a their rifles. only rifles ive ever had open sight problems with

maybe i'm just lucky but the 5 T/C's i own all shoot well with the original open sights including the triumph.i have to admit they shoot even better with a tang sight or scope...karl

To me not a real good comparison. The Accura is a break open and the Omega is not. A better comparison would be the Accura vs Triumph, or Omega vs CVA Kodiak. Either way I would shoot a TC- made in the USA.

:D :) 8)

I have 2 accuras and wouldn't trade or sell them to anyone. They are easy to clean. The breech plug is very easy to get to and remove. Unscrew the forearm grip and the rifle comes apart. 3 pieces, stock, bargara barrel and forearm grip. As far as ACCURACY. Well I wish I can say they are great with open sights but I can't. I wear bi focal glasses. When I look at the sights I can't see the target and when I look at the target I can't see the sights. I can tell you about my rifles with the NIKON SCOPES that are on them. Before I left for my hunting trip, I zeroed my scopes 2"high at 50 and they were now dead on at 100. Last 3 shots I took before I left you could cover up with a 50 cent piece. First shot on opening morning took out a does heart and the other shot took out a does lungs and liver.
GOOD HUNTING EVERYONE :!: :!: :!:

I love my Accura! I think it blows the Omega and most other inlines outta the water.

Easy cleaning, easy breakdown. This is the second easiest gun to breakdown and clean I own compared to a break action shotgun.

Shoulders well and I love the open sights. It's the best sighting/ shouldering rifle I own. I'm right on target every time and I can hold it there.

Extremely accurate. I use it to hunt squirrels. Head shots at up to 40-50 yards. makes for good practice. With the loads I use I can take 5-10 shots before it needs cleaning or swabbing. Easy to load. It's the third most accurate rifle I own compared to a .22 LR and a Mini 30. It's almost as accurate as the Mini.

elite-50 said:
OptimaAndy said:
accura is a better built gun. Has the bergara barrel made in spain. They stand behinds its accuracy too :yeah: :yeah:[/quote

Same here, had both and Accura better of the two. The Triumph is more in the Accura league

I agree
The Triumph is a better compairison for the Accura sinse they both have the same type of action.
I like the Triumph but would most likely buy the Accura.
It shoulders great for me.

My Omegas routinely put three shots under an inch with three or four different loads. And maintenance and cleaning could not be easier--push out two pins and the trigger and action fall off into your hand. Yes, you do need a wrench to remove the breech plug, but so what? I know how to use a wrench, and replacement breech plugs cost only $14 or $15. And when the action loosens up after a thousand rounds or more, I can tighten it myself--that feature is designed right in. I have an Omega with 2,000+ shots through it and it still shoots better than MOA. I think I will stick with it.

IMGP1864.jpg

IMGP0270.jpg

rwc1969 said:
I love my Accura! I think it blows the Omega and most other inlines outta the water.

Now were getting a little ridiculous dont ya think. Let's bring it back to reality.

i had an omega and it was nice but i agree. The Accura ( at least mine) blows it out the door as far as cleaning, accuracy and being able to use the open sights comfortably. Both were thumbhole stocks and the Accura balances out great and isnt barrel heavy like the omega was

Cant use the Accura or the Pro Hunter during our ml season here in Ma. Break actions are not legal as of yet.

Back