New Ban in Canada for firearms anything over 20mm.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basildog

Reaction score
I am not sure if you heard, our prime minister in Canada, Trudeau, has revised the firearms regulations with an order in court, to create a ban on over 1500 firearms for any further use in Canada. For example, any firearm with bores over 20mm in diameter and 10 KJ energy are banned for further use. I am total upset over this as some of my large bore and hunting rifles are going to have to be handed over to the police for confiscation or scrapped.!!!! So much for living in Canada!!!

Talk about making a MESS of freedom.....!

Very sad to see further encroachment.
For those like me that are challenged by mental math conversions, the 20 mm would be just under 78 caliber or an 11 gauge bore (think Brown Bess size). 10 Kilo Joules of energy converts to 7,375.62 foot pounds (ft lb)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite thing to ask the folks that think gun bans are a good idea to "protect" people is this:
Name a time and place in history...before the invention of gun powder...that humans have ever lived in a utopia of peace and there were no whacko's that killed anyone?
They can't do it.
The only thing they can muster on occasion is that we are now "more evolved and could do it now".
Yea, you're probably right. Now, let me tell you about this ocean front property I have...

Billy-by-gosh, I had to run the numbers myself. Using the formula
20mm/25.4mm per inch I get 0.787 inches bore diameter, so I agree there.

But using the formula
gauge=4.66/barrel dia in inches cubed I get a bore gauge of 9.54.

Not that it really matters but engineers get obsessive about math.

Very sad to see further encroachment.
For those like me that are challenged by mental math conversions, the 20 mm would be just under 78 caliber or an 11 gauge bore (think Brown Bess size). 10 Kilo Joules of energy converts to 7,375.62 foot pounds (ft lb)

Y
Turdeau also banned AR websites and airsoft.
What a turd. The file is too large to attach.
Although this new firearm ban does not affect me it greatly affects law abiding citizens who partake in shooting these firearms.

g2-154x3.pdf

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firea...ibition-certain-firearms-and-devices#firearmsView attachment 1998
You folks just like any Country where firearms are banned from citizens...you will see black market skyrocket and guns hidden for future u

Turdeau also banned AR websites and airsoft.
What a turd. The file is too large to attach.
Although this new firearm ban does not affect me it greatly affects law abiding citizens who partake in shooting these firearms.

g2-154x3.pdf

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firea...ibition-certain-firearms-and-devices#firearmsView attachment 1998
It's very sad, but when someone like Turdy bans websites...you are now living in a province of China. It's time for you to get a VPN. Look it up on the net. A good one is NORDVPN....that's the one I have. When a government goes rogue the revolution is about to start!

I liken these gun bans to the "bans" on hard drugs and the cartels. Did the drug bans stop illegal drugs, ODs, crime, etc? No! If fact it made the problem worse. Drug deaths are up, countless thousands of murders on both sides of the border are the norm; so who did this help? Who obeys the drug laws, why are drugs shipped/smuggled in by the ton, why is there not a shortage of illicit drugs? I mean, after all, they ARE banned! So stop crime by banning firearms? Maybe our leaders want to start a booming black market for them. Obama's Attorney General sold at least a thousand or so guns to the Mexican drug cartels and never was able to fully explain why. Only one thing was known for sure, and that was that the cartels got weapons from all over the world with very, very few from the US.

My favorite thing to ask the folks that think gun bans are a good idea to "protect" people is this:
Name a time and place in history...before the invention of gun powder...that humans have ever lived in a utopia of peace and there were no whacko's that killed anyone?
They can't do it.
The only thing they can muster on occasion is that we are now "more evolved and could do it now".
Yea, you're probably right. Now, let me tell you about this ocean front property I have...
Great I will have to use that one!

My last drag race car went to Quebec. When talking to the new owner he told us about all the issues they were having with the new government rules. He's megia buck so money is not an issue for him or his family (he was referring to his 50 plus employees and the average folks just trying to survive. Like their health care problems, varies rights that have been limited like the gun issues and so on. Sad ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back