Good target backing find

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlV

Reaction score
Wal-Mart

I found some 11" X 28" poster board that has a 1/2" grid marked on it.

Bought 2 packs of (I think) 12 sheets each for less than $3 apiece.

Took it to work and cut it in half in the big paper cutter.

Now I have 24 11" X 14" target sheets already marked with the 1/2" grid.

Stick a target spot on'em and I can forget bringing my tape measure to the range :)

Thanks for the heads up. I usually print of paper copies of a target from the internet, then staple onto my backing. For a backing I use the corn and bean advertising signs that are plastered all over growers fields. Usually if you ask you can get some old ones for nothing. They are waterproff which is a big plus.

Good Find CarlV,thanks
CarlV said:
Wal-Mart

I found some 11" X 28" poster board that has a 1/2" grid marked on it.

Bought 2 packs of (I think) 12 sheets each for less than $3 apiece.

Took it to work and cut it in half in the big paper cutter.

Now I have 24 11" X 14" target sheets already marked with the 1/2" grid.

Stick a target spot on'em and I can forget bringing my tape measure to the range :)

younghunter_86 said:
Thanks for the heads up. I usually print of paper copies of a target from the internet, then staple onto my backing. For a backing I use the corn and bean advertising signs that are plastered all over growers fields. Usually if you ask you can get some old ones for nothing. They are waterproff which is a big plus.

or another option with it being spring time and the snow melting in the ditches... Home for sale signs/ open house signs, the realtors never think to go back and pick them up. the entrance to my neighborhood looked like hell with all those dirty tipped over signs last spring so i stopped and did a lil spring cleaning, i am now set for a while

Back