Big Blacktail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
I took this photo of this black tail North of Sacramento , It was after hunting season and he was in the rut , He has a drop tine on his right side he was a 6x5 . i have the l shed from his left side in this picture , VERY heavy . Never saw him again after this photo.But i moved to Utah , so i have not tried . I was just going through some old photo and came across this , it was taken in 2003 .

blacktailDSCN0666.jpg

Underclocked said:
I've never hunted blacktail, but I know that is one helluva specimen!

I have seen some nice black tail in the 40 years i lived in California , but this guys had the heaviest Rack of any i have seen . I have seen wider but not this heavy . :D

UtahRob

Da??! that is one fine animal! Gosh... looks like I have another screen back ground... if I can capture your pic... Darn... you gotta consider that you wouldve had dat animal ifn u were hunten it....

We still have em that big over here. :wink:

I got back Sunday from up north of Sacramento.Seen A big one Sunday morning,but didn't take a shot.It was still kinda dark out,and its head was behind a tree.I never seen if it was a buck while it was behind the tree,but I knew it was.That thing was huge looking even at about 50 yards.Then before I knew what happened my radio went off,and spooked it.I got to keep that damn thing off.A guy in my group did get a bear tho.Ill be making Bear chili this week.
My hunting buddies are going back this Friday night....I might be able to make it.

cell said:
We still have em that big over here. :wink:

I got back Sunday from up north of Sacramento.Seen A big one Sunday morning,but didn't take a shot.It was still kinda dark out,and its head was behind a tree.I never seen if it was a buck while it was behind the tree,but I knew it was.That thing was huge looking even at about 50 yards.Then before I knew what happened my radio went off,and spooked it.I got to keep that damn thing off.A guy in my group did get a bear tho.Ill be making Bear chili this week.
My hunting buddies are going back this Friday night....I might be able to make it.

We did a lot of hunting in the trinity Alps , beautiful area for sure . We hunted morning and evening and fly fished for lunch . Tons of bears and some really nice Black Tail . I saw a very large non typical there 6 years ago .

codyalp3DSCN0036.jpg

Back