Nature calls!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lighthorseman

Reaction score
Last night as Clair and I were taking our walk, I heard a bull off in the distance bugle. When I got home, I heard another bugle closer in this time.....completely unprepared and unpracticed so far this season, I grabbed the baggie full of diaphragms and pulled out one I came to discover was a turkey call......so a bit too stiff, but I tried it anyway.......pretty pathetic, but I had him talking to me anyway. I brought him in to about 200-300 yds (never saw him) and then just before dark he took off the other direction but still calling back to me. Probably won't make it through the archery season that is left, but if he does I'll see if I can do a better job luring him in October.

That time of year! :rendeer:

and again tonight...same bull, never could get him to break out of the timber, but I pulled in a second bull from the opposite direction and I saw him in the open but couldn't tell how big he was.......there were 6 cows and two spikes at the beginning of the ruckus down by the ponds.....about 200yds from the house. :thumbs up: 

p.s. had the right diaphragm tonight!

Latest posts

Back