N110 vs. 4759 velocity in NULA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danjr

Reaction score
Hello,

I have worked up two loads thusfar for the NULA. Both ar sub MOA at 100 yds. The first is 44 grains of SR 4759 and the 275BE. From what I have heard this load is right around 2300 fps. I also have had success with a 44 gr load of N110 and the 275BE. The latter load seems much hotter, recoil is a little more and the primers look a little more flattened than with the 4759. I do not have a chrono so does anyone have an idea if the N110 clocks faster than the 4759. Thanks and......

Take care,

Dan

The 110 might be a little faster by maybe 100 FPS but the deer won't know the difference :wink: . Those powder used to be very close but some here report the new stuff in the plastic jugs is slower. I use 4759 and still have it in the original metal tins.

If you are using the plastic jugs of 4759, numerous people have posted slower velocities with the new lot numbers than what they had got in the past.

The plastic jug of 4759 I have is nearly 200fps slower grain for grain than N110 with both 250's and 300's.

This is with a Savage though.

Thanks Guys,

I do have the plastic jug. You are right the deer won't know the difference if I shoot them in the eye. :D The thought was in the back of my mind after feeling the recoil from the N110 which I percieved to be much more. On to 200 and 300 yrds to see which load wins the shootout. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Dan

If from the plastic jug of 4759 I would say you are in the mid 2200's and with N110 you are pushing 2400 fps.

Just my SWAG

My gun will not tolerate the charges that most of you are using.Accuracy comes at 38 1/2 to 39 grains of N110 with a short mmp and a 250 xtp.The velocity of 39 grains is just under 2300 fps.I shot 2 loads of 4759 [plastic jug] with a 250 xtp and red crushed rib sabots at the 40 grain level with CCI mag primers and they timed at 2200fps.Slipshod

I do have the plastic jug. You are right the deer won't know the difference if I shoot them in the eye. The thought was in the back of my mind after feeling the recoil from the N110 which I percieved to be much more. On to 200 and 300 yrds to see which load wins the shootout. I will keep you posted.

danjr,
Did you decide which combo wonthe battle at 200.300 yards yet?

MCee67,

Had a 3-d shoot this weekend so I have to "pick my battles" with 3 little girls. :D I hope to get out next weekend to shoot a bit. I will keep you posted.

Take care,

Dan

Latest posts

Back