Bellm or Locker pin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrimpy50

Reaction score
who likes what and why? nevermind cost this and cost that, just real experience.

I had a lot of play in my Encore and the locker pin made i worse ,I don't feel it matter if it rotates as long as you have a good lock up . The 1x Bellm over size pin slipped right in mine Try closing you Encore and see if your can feel and hear movement between the barrel and receiver . I had a ton as do a Encore and pro hunter for sale here in down . If i SLAMMED MINE(and the two here in town) closed then there was none or less . after replacing the lock up bar spring and hinge pin i have no side play open or closed . I will be glad to send you my Locking hinge pin for free see if it works , Don't by one !!!! If your gun has a lot of play in it when closed i would go with the Bellm pin . Like i said my 1x slipped right in . Both the hinge pin hole in the receiver and barrel lug where to big for the stock pin and locker pin . NOT all the encores are the same some are GREAT with no play and some not , LIKE MINE .

PM me if you would like to have ( free) my Locking Hinge Pin and i will send it to ya !!!
RobK.

UtahRob said:
I had a lot of play in my Encore and the locker pin made i worse ,I don't feel it matter if it rotates as long as you have a good lock up . The 1x Bellm over size pin slipped right in mine Try closing you Encore and see if your can feel and hear movement between the barrel and receiver . I had a ton as do a Encore and pro hunter for sale here in down . If i SLAMMED MINE(and the two here in town) closed then there was none or less . after replacing the lock up bar spring and hinge pin i have no side play open or closed . I will be glad to send you my Locking hinge pin for free see if it works , Don't by one !!!! If your gun has a lot of play in it when closed i would go with the Bellm pin . Like i said my 1x slipped right in . Both the hinge pin hole in the receiver and barrel lug where to big for the stock pin and locker pin . NOT all the encores are the same some are GREAT with no play and some not , LIKE MINE .

PM me if you would like to have ( free) my Locking Hinge Pin and i will send it to ya !!!
RobK.

The prohunter I just bought doesnt seem to have any excess play, however I will take your pin if you send me $5 with it.. :lol: :lol:

squirrelhawker said:
UtahRob said:

RobK.

The prohunter I just bought doesnt seem to have any excess play, however I will take your pin if you send me $5 with it.. :lol: :lol:

a deal like that i should send you two !!! LOL :lol:

Bellm 1x. Installed the Locker Pin and groups worsened, lots of play when the action was closed. Installed the Bellm 1X, locks up tight, no play at all. Several loads shoot MOA now, couldn't get better than 1 1/2" - 2" groups when I had the Locker Pin installed using the same loads.

wbygunner said:
Bellm 1x. Installed the Locker Pin and groups worsened, lots of play when the action was closed. Installed the Bellm 1X, locks up tight, no play at all. Several loads shoot MOA now, couldn't get better than 1 1/2" - 2" groups when I had the Locker Pin installed using the same loads.

I agree , I think the Locker pin is smaller that the factory pin !!! I used the Locker pin for a while then put the stock pin back in and i had less play , but like you the Bellm 1x removed all the Play . Even when my encore breech is opened , i have no wobble between the barrel and receiver . LIKE IT SHOULD BE !!!! :D

I know that this problem exists, but I have owned five Encores and never had any problems with them shooting excellent groups.

I just looked at a new Endevor with camo stocks. That rifle had quite a bit of play when the action was open. I even noticed it wiggle as the guy opened it up and handed it to me. :shock: I was quite surprised at that. I did not bother to check how much it had when closed.

ShawnT

Count me as +1 for the Bellm pin. Made my Encore into not only a accurate gun, but a consistantly accurate gun. My Bellum pin is a 1x and is so snug a fit I have to use my gun smithing hammer to gently tap in the new pin. I also put a teny tiny drop of Break free on it first.

Some of the other things you need to be aware of on the Encore is the forend ears and any contact that they have with the frame. They need to have at least enough room to slip a peice of paper through under each ear and that side of the frame. It is very easy to create this clearance with just some sanding. Also I think it helps if you get into a habit of making a mental note and be consistent on how tight and also maybe the position on the bolt heads on the forends are as well.

I place washers under the barrel on my Pro Hunter,and as mentioned above made sure it had clearance on the "ears" by the main frame.The gun has no accuracy problems,(infact,it's the most accurate muzzeloader I have ever owned). The "lock up" is important for good accuracy. The barrel rest on two "rails/recesses) in the reciever,with the locking lugs holding it in place. If it is loose while locked up,it will have accuracy problems. I have a T/C contender,that I've shot for years with a .223 barrel. I use it for varmit hunting. The gun locks up solid,but when opened it's loose. The pistol shoots MOA @ 100yds,but locks up solid,when the action is closed. About all the pin does on it is,keep the barrel/scope from falling of the frame while it's opened. Ron
TCS.jpg
100_00832.jpg

Back