Hornady .400 xtp 200gr. and MMP sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersonj

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information,as I am new at this. I just recieved my order of blue HPH 50x40 sabots (blue) to go with some Hornady .400 200gr. xtp's, when I placed the bullet in the sabot it would not bottom out without quite a bit of pressure, which spread the pedals very wide :?: Has anyone experienced this same problem. Don't think I could get them to load, but have not tried. Also any additional loading information for this combo would be apprecieated. Would like to run it about 2100fps. :shock:

andersonj

Yep! that is the way it is suppose to happen... as you push the combination down the barrel that will seat the bullet in the bottom of the sabot.... I always kinda questioned this but for the heck of it I pushed one all the way through my Remington when it came out he other end it was seated just right.

The sabot is very flexible as it goes in it will compress to fit most any bore... i use that same sabot in my White U-Mag that is a .504 bore and the Omega's that are .501/.502. It is a very interesting sabot...

I load 100 grains of T7 in the short barreled Remington and 110 grains in all the other inlines... Get an average 2100 fps with the 110 grain load from the Omega.

200XTP-110.jpg

Thanks Sabotloader, Just looked funny too me. I hope they shoot as good as the 250SW with 110 gr load of t7-ffg. Thest shot under an inch at 100yards. Had 2 left, moved to 250 yds and shot a one inch group, wish I would have had a third bullet left to make it more official.

Latest posts

Back