A/H on it's way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick White said:
Split some off topic stuff into a new topic. I've been wanting to try that. :D

It works.

I am with Lou, though-- and I have complete confidence that Ray Crow will rectify the situation just as he has done so many times in the past.

A vivid example of this is all the old rust-bucket "Bass-Pro Specials" that NAA / A & H had no hand in making, and no responsibility for. They didn't have to, it was a significant financial hit-- but, the warranted them all, regardless.

A & H's growth has been spectacular ever since.

Hit the range today.

shot power belt 295 gr. to start had decent groups 2" at 100yd. then went to .44/300 gr. XTP's. It did'nt seem to like this round. The grouping was a 3" to 4" avg. Both the powerbelt and the XTP were shot with 100gr.loads of pyrodex .
Then I tried 200gr. SST with 120 grains of pyrodex . After some scope adjustment I brought this grouping in to 1 1/2". with a muzzle velocity right around 1700fps. Finally I had to move back to 150 yards to see how they handled . shooting from the prone position hit dead center 2" lower than from 100 yds.
The good news is ,I didn't have any problems with the rifle, after twenty rounds this morning. I think Ray and A/h did a good job with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing what bullets it will shoot the best. I think I'm going to try 348gr.0r 405gr. powerbelts , 375gr. buffalo sabots , and possibly the 340gr. dead center sabots. Any suggestions let me know. 8)

Grouse said:
JD, try the .452 XTP'S. They should do alot better for ya.
Thanks Grouse.
I've tried the .452 before. I had a lot trouble loading it. seems that A/H barrells are pretty tight and I don't like to have to force a load to the point of damaging the bullet or rifle. any other ideas grouse. :idea:

JD said:
I think I'm going to try 348gr.0r 405gr. powerbelts , 375gr. buffalo sabots , and possibly the 340gr. dead center sabots. Any suggestions let me know. 8)

You just named the four bullets I've had the best luck with in A & H's-- all with 100 gr. T 7 FFg.

JD said:
Grouse said:
JD, try the .452 XTP'S. They should do alot better for ya.
Thanks Grouse.
I've tried the .452 before. I had a lot trouble loading it. seems that A/H barrells are pretty tight and I don't like to have to force a load to the point of damaging the bullet or rifle. any other ideas grouse. :idea:

Dead Centers will fix that problem. I havent tried the HPH 24 sabots with XTP'S yet. But that would make them load easier if they shoot. 340 Dead Centers are one hole in Randy's gun. :)

Dead Centers will fix that problem. I havent tried the HPH 24 sabots with XTP'S yet. But that would make them load easier if they shoot. 340 Dead Centers are one hole in Randy's gun. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the info grouse. I plan to try them this year along with others :)

First thing I would do is run a dozen 348 gr. Powerbelts through it. I believe it will make loading sabots easier for you-- that is my impression.

RandyWakeman said:
First thing I would do is run a dozen 348 gr. Powerbelts through it. I believe it will make loading sabots easier for you-- that is my impression.

Thanks randy I'll give it a try.

I also plan to switch to T 7 ffg.

RandyWakeman said:
JD said:
I think I'm going to try 348gr.0r 405gr. powerbelts , 375gr. buffalo sabots , and possibly the 340gr. dead center sabots. Any suggestions let me know. 8)

You just named the four bullets I've had the best luck with in A & H's-- all with 100 gr. T 7 FFg.

:roll: :lol:

Hmmm.... somebody has been listening! :wink:

Average velocity with 120gr of Pyrodex RS and a 200 SST was 1840 or so.

The 200's shot very well.

The new Rifle - Ray Crow Limited Edition! :p :lol: :lol: 8)

DSC00562.jpg

Latest posts

Back