A/H on it's way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
HEY GUYS!!!!

Just got comfirmation that my rifle is on it's way! :D :D

The Ray Crow autograph model? 8)

What type of stock color did you go for :?:

JD said:
HEY GUYS!!!!

YIPPEE! At least ONE National Nightmare will be over! :shock:

big6x6 said:
JD said:
HEY GUYS!!!!

YIPPEE! At least ONE National Nightmare will be over! :shock:

Ahem. Not the biggest one.
smily1368.gif

RandyWakeman said:
The Ray Crow autograph model? 8)

What type of stock color did you go for :?:

went with the forest camo / with the silver barrell , almost got royal jacardia.

I hope it does have Ray Crow's autograph on it. That would make it a LTD. edition.

Thumbhole Stock

JD, did you get it with a Thumbhole Stock. Just recieved mine yesterday. Bought the barreled action from RW, I will put the composite I took off on it. I really like the one I have had for sometime it shoots fantastic, not at first had to send it back and they rebarreled it, after having it over a year.Ray Crow is a topo notch guy, always there to help. :D Lou

Re: Thumbhole Stock

ourway7 said:
JD, did you get it with a Thumbhole Stock. Just recieved mine yesterday. Bought the barreled action from RW, I will put the composite I took off on it. I really like the one I have had for sometime it shoots fantastic, not at first had to send it back and they rebarreled it, after having it over a year.Ray Crow is a topo notch guy, always there to help. :D Lou

Yeah Lou , I got the thumbhole stock. I had a bit of problem there for a while. i guess some of their stocks were cut wrong . After sending it back a few times Ray sent me a hole new rifle. It looks great , forest camo thumbhole stock and a nickled barrell. I have'nt had time to shoot it though. If it shoots like my other one did when I first got it that would be great. The thumbhole stocks really help balance these rifles out. 8) Jon

big6x6 said:
Jon,
Your bullets should be there any day! :D

Thanks Chuck I'll keep an eye out for them.

What do I owe you for them?

Add me to the list

Recieved my A&H Thumbhole stock yesterday, tried to put it on my 320 today does not fit. The trigger disengages prematurely, the trigger only protrudes half the distance as it does with my composite stock. my composit stock does not prematurely fire when action is put in. I was hesitent in ordering one but figuired they had the problem solved :oops: E-mailed Ray Crow to see where I go from here. Really had nothing but praise for A&H but now I'm beginning to wonder. I guess what the outcome will be, I'll have to send the complete rifle back at my expense. I can't believe if they were aware of a problem they would correct it instead of sending another one out. Well will let you know the outcome to yet another crisis about the A&H saga :shock: Lou

Re: Add me to the list

ourway7 said:
Recieved my A&H Thumbhole stock yesterday, tried to put it on my 320 today does not fit. The trigger disengages prematurely, the trigger only protrudes half the distance as it does with my composite stock. my composit stock does not prematurely fire when action is put in. I was hesitent in ordering one but figuired they had the problem solved :oops: E-mailed Ray Crow to see where I go from here. Really had nothing but praise for A&H but now I'm beginning to wonder. I guess what the outcome will be, I'll have to send the complete rifle back at my expense. I can't believe if they were aware of a problem they would correct it instead of sending another one out. Well will let you know the outcome to yet another crisis about the A&H saga :shock: Lou

Lou soory to hear about your stock. Ray will take care of it. It's a shame though that you have to pay shipment . What I ran into and you should watch for is the recoil lug set screw stripping out of the barrell and the bolt decocking when engaged. All caused by the rifle not fitting tight into the stock. Good Luck and keep me informed. :) Jon

Re: Add me to the list

ourway7 said:
I'll have to send the complete rifle back at my expense. I can't believe if they were aware of a problem they would correct it instead of sending another one out. Well will let you know the outcome to yet another crisis about the A&H saga :shock: Lou

Crisis?

Why would you assume you have to pay to return the stock or rifle? If that is a big deal for you, just ask for a pick-up tag. Next problem.

It looks to be a very expensive year for the Boyd Boys-- A & H is a nice account for them to jeopardize. :(

Shipping

Randy, Shipping is not a problem I sure can afford whatever it is, but it's the principle. I have always been one who dislikes paying for others mistakes, If I make a mistake I have to pay. I spoke to some one I didn't get his name, I explained my stand on the cost. Never once did he say they would send a pick up tag even after I told him several times that I didn't feel I should have to pay when they are at fault. I can't understand how a company such as A&H knowing they had a past problem wouldn't go the extra mile to assure that the problem has been solved. If I were A&H I would make it very clear to the stock maker that such problems can no longer be tolerated, as It is hurting A&H fine image. There are too many fine stock makers out there. JD sure hope you have better luck than you have had in the past. :x Lou

:D JD, look forward to shooting report on ur new A/H.

:D Best of luck Lou.

I had 2 cases where I had to send entire gun back. Both times were with Browning Arms...first was a Gold Stalker Shotgun that was jamming and second was a BPS Pump under recall.

I didnt have a box for either. I point blank asked Browning to send me a Prepaid Shipping Label & box for both instances and they did. There was no upfront offer by them to do so. On the Recall it was certainly expected but on the jamming problem with Gold I wasnt too sure (out of warranty) if they would but they did. They had similar problem with same run of first Golds as mine but no formal recall.

I think on alot of instances they cover one way & you the other. I know Cabelas always covered both ways with me. Think alot depends on Company policy & how much a pain in the ass you can be! I would certainly be a pain in the ass in ur case. Call and insist on a Prepaid Shipping Label & Box if you threw yours out. If clerk refuses ask to speak to clerks Manager or Crow or whoever runs the Company.

Re: Shipping

ourway7 said:
Randy, Shipping is not a problem I sure can afford whatever it is, but it's the principle. I have always been one who dislikes paying for others mistakes, If I make a mistake I have to pay. I spoke to some one I didn't get his name, I explained my stand on the cost. Never once did he say they would send a pick up tag even after I told him several times that I didn't feel I should have to pay when they are at fault.

Anybody who pays income tax is certainly funding a lot of mistakes. :shock:

Standard business practices are the same all over-- return to place of purchase for refund or replacement. No way is K-Mart, Wal*Mart, you name it-- going to reimburse me for mileage, time, etc., etc. I know of no written warranty from any manufacturer that offers to pay for the return of bad product, in any industry. Ever try to get a penny out of the post office when your mail arrives damaged beyond belief? What is postal "insurance" for, anyway-- paying them extra just to do their job?

Nevertheless, if shipping a stock is an issue, irksome, matter of principle, etc.-- insist on a pick-up, and you will get it. If you send it to Ray Crow directly, and insist your shipping charges be refunded-- you will get it that way also.

I'm with Loggy, sometimes we just need to be savvy consumers, even if it means being a pantload.

Speaking of that, Loggy, has your "prompt refund" from Toby Bridges arrived so you can buy your bride a sandwich or two? :?

Split some off topic stuff into a new topic. I've been wanting to try that. :D

Patrick White said:
Split some off topic stuff into a new topic. I've been wanting to try that. :D

:D Good split off & new topic there Patrick.

Latest posts

Back