The Things You Try When You're Bored

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you have some of Lane's 10 ml powder tubes, did you know you can make a very functional speedloader by cutting one off at the 5 ml level and jamming it on the end of another tube? It's a little tricky to get it started, but once it goes on it holds real well - no glue needed.

This one has a 300 grain Gold Dot, H5045B sabot, and a 209 primer in the short end. (Yeah, I know - my wife is probably right. :? )

LaneTubeSpeedloader.jpg

U aint da onliest 1 whut thankz o stuff lak dat. :D Butt u mite b da onliest 1 whut duzzit. :wink:

ya gots to be smarter than some whole familys :lol: :lol: :lol: ..........karl

Lane, you should try to talk that place you buy from into making some up like that - maybe about 8ml on the powder side and an inch and half long on the projectile side. Just a simple divider between the two sections and different colored caps for the ends. Eh?

Oh, maybe some kind of little funnel cap on the powder end with a rubber stopper would be nice. 8)

I cut a 7ml tube in half and tried super-glue to attach it to a whole one last night. Didn't look too bad but I gave it a little test while ago and it snapped at the glue joint. So much for that attempt.

PVC cement might work. ??

My vials are a bit shorter and I went on the cheap, just taped two side x side, end for end, with electrical tape :wink:

Al in Mi said:
My vials are a bit shorter and I went on the cheap, just taped two side x side, end for end, with electrical tape :wink:

I did the same thing a few years ago and it worked great.
The Lanes tubes make it so easy.

pvc glue s needed if glue is used. Push on a twist a bit, just like doing a plumbing pipe or pvc non-metallic underground pipe.

Back