BH 209 , Bone Collecter and Nikon BDC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scunningham

Reaction score
I purchased a Bone Collector and a Nikon BDC Scope. I am very happy with my 100 yard groups. I am getting a conservative 1.5? groups. I had a couple of 3 shot clover leaf groups using 120 grs volume of BH and Harvester SB sabots with 250gr Shockwaves. I got all my information reading this forum. Thanks for the help. But now I get home and started to weigh my powder on RCBS reloading scales. I am using a TC clear view measure set at 120 grs. On my scales I am throwing 86 to 87grs . That translates to 129 to 130grs of volume. I am way over the max recommended load. I thought the powder measure would be closer. I try to be consistent in my pouring the powder into the tube and still have a +/- of 1gr. I ordered some vials and will weigh my charges for now on. I don?t know if that will improve my accuracy , but I don?t like being that far over max powder charge. I was dead on at 100 and 2.5? low at 200 with the BDC scope, my plan was to sight in an inch high at a hundred and that should get me close to dead on at 200. But now my load will be backed off 9 to 10grs. So back to the range !

Scott

I don't tap. I very slightly over fill, then when I swing the funnel cap over I lose a few grains. I thought by doing it that way it should always be perfectly level. Thanks Scott

I have the same clear view and just swing the funnel over as well.
I put a tupperwear bowl under it and catch the grains the spill over.

Im a pretty dumb redneck. I have the same TC clearview measure. I am shooting 100g Pyrodex in my Triumph. Does this mean Im actually shooting closer to 120g? Anyway... ever how much it is my Triumph likes it. I thought the re-coil was pretty hefty for 100g.

saxman1 said:
I have the same clear view and just swing the funnel over as well.
I put a tupperwear bowl under it and catch the grains the spill over.

I tap it 3x's but otherwise do the exact same as sax. FYI: I use a white tupperwear bowl. :)

But now I get home and started to weigh my powder on RCBS reloading scales. I am using a TC clear view measure set at 120 grs. On my scales I am throwing 86 to 87grs . That translates to 129 to 130grs of volume. I am way over the max recommended load. I thought the powder
Well these measures are injection molded and out of the same mold they should be the same, of course they may have many molds.
I have checked what mine throws many times and with the stop just on the bottom edge of the 100 mark it throws 72 by weight just like it should.
120 volume should be 86 grains by weight.
Try placing the powder stop just below but touching the botton edge of the 100 gr bu volume mark and "0" your scale and throw a load you should get between 70 and 72 gr by weigh. Lee

Scunningham said:
I was dead on at 100 and 2.5? low at 200 with the BDC scope, my plan was to sight in an inch high at a hundred and that should get me close to dead on at 200. But now my load will be backed off 9 to 10grs. So back to the range !

Scott

Were you using the 200yd BDC circle for aiming when you shot at 200yds? Or the main crosshair?

I have the same clear view measurer and always tap it 2-3 times.the powder settles alot!!

Back