My new 45cal Knight Disc Elite.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
When i bought this gun i was thinking why. The last thing i have time to do is mess with a 45cal Muzzleloader. Well i'm glad i bought it for now. It's really giving me a good chance to test 40cal bullets. And today i put some rounds thru it. I know for sure atleast 75 shots today. :shock: Between bullets and powder it was an exspensive day. Both bullets i tried the gun shot excellant. The harvester sabots were great as well.

The Muzzleloader still needs to be improved and i believe Knight is going to make it right. The blow back is crazy with the Disc Elites with the concave plug. IMO this is the best plug for BH209. The domed plug is alot better with blow back, but not 100% reliable with ignition of BH209. I took some pics of the blow back and how messy these guns can be.

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-1.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbullets0.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-15.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-14.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-13.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-12.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-8.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-7.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-6.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-2.jpg

This is for the guys that like to check out sabots. I do not. They looked nice and pretty walking by them. :D
45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-9.jpg

45KnightDiscElitewithLehighbulle-11.jpg

Grouse

Cool and complete report...

From what I see in your pics - it seems to be about the same thing I experiance with my 50 cal Extreme... Maybe, I might be getting more because I am shooting a .458/300 grain bullet and it takes it a little longer to get out of the barrel.

The blow back is crazy with the Disc Elites with the concave plug

It seems to me the majority of the material I see on the reciever floor is soot from the 209 especially the 209A - I am not sure how much material is coming back through the flash hole.

sabotloader said:
It seems to me the majority of the material I see on the reciever floor is soot from the 209 especially the 209A - I am not sure how much material is coming back through the flash hole.

I agree, but who wants any? Triumphs, Savages, and NULA has none of anything.

I really didn't need my .45 Elite... but I'll be damn if it ain't a nice little rifle! And it's really got me thinking,,, now I'll probably buy a .50 Ultimate Slam, but in my neck of the woods I have no doubts the 200 grain bullets at 2200 fps will cleanly kill any Carolina creature I know of... and we have big hogs and big coastal black bears.

Grouse

I agree, but who wants any? Triumphs, Savages, and NULA has none of anything.

Point - counterpoint - You are right and I guess that is exactly why I like the 25acp in my Omega..

Latest posts

Back