My fox hunting area

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I did a little trimming in these pictures but theres some stuff thats to bushy, blocking my shooting view, other trees are leaning over from snow fall damage. I'll use a chain saw after the snow melts off. Just to much to use hand trimmers lol.

Gorgeous day today! Look at that sky!
100_2918.jpg

a little to the right, I have some more shooting lanes, also in need of trimming. I dont like trimming to much because i prefer to have the brush
and limbs provide a little cover for any movement I make.
100_2919.jpg

Kill zone is that nice open area left of the bushy tree. My feather decoy is also behind that bushy tree, with the call 20 feet behind it.
100_2920.jpg

Its fairly warm today, mid 40's, so I think around 2 - 2:30 I will head up into the stand and give it a shot.

I'm jealous...you have snow on the ground.   I love hunting in snow.
Did you take any of those pics from your tree stand and if so, how high is your stand?

Marty said:
I'm jealous...you have snow on the ground.   I love hunting in snow.
Did you take any of those pics from your tree stand and if so, how high is your stand?
Yes, all of those pictures are from the tree stand. Its a 18' double man ladder stand. Finally putting it to use after all these years lol.

Nice work Jon!! This North Idaho country looks very similar, we have no Shortage of Brush here. It is amazing the difference in Country when you go Way South Idaho, they are more Open Desert Country.

Back