My CZ 527 Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my .223 caliber CZ 527 rifle to the range along with my .58 caliber muzzleloader.

After the muzzleloader was sighted in i fired five rounds through the CZ 527. Rifle was fired as fast as i could load single rounds and get a good sight picture. Group measures about 1 1/4 inches.

Scope: Leupold FX 3 six power.

Distance: 125 yards.

Wind: Behind my back steady at 10-12 mph.

Bullet: 53 grain Barnes Triple Shock
Powder: 24.5 grains of IMR 3031
Case: TW 67
Primer: CCI

ougoQRVm.jpg

2ruy5krm.jpg

The rounds i used are not my carefully prepped accuracy handloads. The rifle makes 3/4 to one inch five shot groups at 125 yards with my best handloads. My Remington 700 with 26" inch barrel is marginally more accurate but is finicky about loads.

My range don't have a 100 yard line because of a water feature; a big muddy hole.

remind me not to snoop anywhere around where you are sitting with that rifle !! or any rifle for that matter;)

That shooting and accuracy, IMHO, is excellent! I've owned three .22 Hornets and still have the best of the bunch, a Kimber of Oregon M82 that I bought going on 40 years ago. Very nice CZ.
Hornet on top; .22LR bottom.

Back