Range Day!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Got out to the range this morning, tried some 90grn and 100grn loads, also took the camera along, just to have some fun!! Enjoy!!

Perry

I've been shooting alot lately. I've got so many bulk bullets and sabots and powder and primers, heck ML is cheap to shoot. Shoot your A$$ off and not worry about it.

Its not bad in the evenings past 1800 or so. Might as well get out and enjoy it.

My range fees dues just went up to $75.

:roll:

Neat video Pinks. It looks like that Tracker is a bear to load, but you can't argue with results like that. (And I like your hat. :lol: )

Am i the only one that broke out into a sweat watching him load? :lol:

How many yards were you shooting?

LOL!!......Ya, she's tight!! I was just shooting @ 25yrds, The ram rod is pretty flimzy as will, like trying to push a rope!! :wink:

Perry

to me the best ramrods out there are big black plastic CVA ones that cost about twelve bucks. I keep one rigged up with a palm saver for loading and the other with a cleaning jag on it.

Underclocked said:
What sabot are you using?

Not sure!?....What ever is in the pack with the XTP Mags, Their black....not sure if that means anything!?

Perry

Tracker!

My first inline was a Tracker 209, which my daughter confiscated when she started hunting,and if I could've found another at that time, its what I'd be shooting too! Nothing fancy about them but she SHOOTS! The load we use is 40 gr ( volume) of 3f T7 and a T/C Cheap Shot 1350 fps and 9 deer with 9 shots from 15 feet to 115 yards and all but 2 were pass throughs.
The only change was converting it to musket caps when the primer holder cracked off the breechplug ( DONT dry fire these). Accuracy improved dramatically with the change.I'd recommend Harvester crush rib sabots for your tough load.The less than rigid rammer isn't necessarily a bad thing, I use it to give consistent seating pressure.Once the sabot hits powder, I push on the rammer till it flexes and viola!
The Tracker 209 is a great little gun.Its one of the ones that shows the difference between inexpensive and cheap... BTW to convert to caps, machine off the primer holder and SQUARELY drill and tap for a 1/4x28 nipple.Musket caps or #11's will work fine.No need to drill the plug any further than necessary.Our Tracker has 1100 rounds through it and we havent needed to change a nipple or a plug yet.

Latest posts

Back