My CVA Optima V2 LR .50 caliber 28" Nitride

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapperCVA

Reaction score
i HAVE HAD THIS RIFLE FOR A FULL HUNT IT IS THE FLATEST SHOOTING RIFLE IT HAS THE POWER TO BRING DOWN ANYTING THAT WALK THIS EARTH THIS RIFLE & MY 28" Thumbhole Nitride Stainless my rifle doesn't look like a stainless Steel because CVA says when they dip the barrels the stainless steel they say it turn the stainless steel a satin black finish i am not bosting or anything of the sort i really like this rifle this a well built rifle it is my favorite CVA 50 cal
trapper444

Over the years I've owned a CVA Optima, Accura, and a couple Accura MR's, the last being the nitride finish. All very nice accurate rifles. I especially liked the thumb hole stock on the Accura. I eventually sold them and stayed with my original Thompson Center Encores. They don't shoot any better than the CVA's just my personal preference.

Over the years I've owned a CVA Optima, Accura, and a couple Accura MR's, the last being the nitride finish. All very nice accurate rifles. I especially liked the thumb hole stock on the Accura. I eventually sold them and stayed with my original Thompson Center Encores. They don't shoot any better than the CVA's just my personal preference.

I have owned CVAs and TCs. Both shot well and have taken game consistently.

Well Trapper... I decided to sell off my Thompson Center Encores. I was wishing I hadn't sold my CVA Accura MR nitride version. I started looking for another one and found out they aren't for sale very often, in fact, quite scarce. Owners must like them and keeping them. I finally found one that the owner said was barely used so I purchased it on Gun Broker.com. I mounted a scope, sling and ordered a couple BH209 breech plugs. I'll be sighting it in soon.
991B1846-3D42-4550-8F4F-326617A3029F_1_201_a.jpeg

It's great to see folks that are so enthusiastic about their muzzleloaders!
It doesn't matter if you're shooting inline or flinters or side-locks.....muzzleloaders are just fun to shoot.
BTW Smokin' Joe: That looks like a real nice setup with scope.

Back