Muzzleloaders at a gun show

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mofish

Reaction score
Went to a gun show in Tyler Texas today. Saw on TC Renegade completely covered with rust...hard to imagine a guy too darned lazy to even make it look somewhat presentable. I also saw a couple of nice 100 dollar single shot handguns...but unfortunately they were priced at 250 dollars.
Some of those shows are hard to stomach...

When your looking at used muzzleloaders that a dealer is trying to sell or even a stranger always check that the barrel has no swells. Cause by a ball getting off the powder charge and then shot, large caliber guns and shotguns are usually have the problem.  If you go to a dozen tables at a large gun show and pay attention you'll find one or two with this problem. Be aware ...

Fortunately I really don't need any more guns...either muzzleloaders or modern, as I have safes full of them already. Now and then a guy sees something that might be fun to play with, but mostly I go to gun shows just for the entertainment. 
Many moons ago I set up tables at gun shows on the west coast, and did quite well with it...but I tried to be honest and price things reasonably. At todays shows it's hard for me to comprehend the guys wanting to overcharge you or sell you something that is not right. I see a lot of it though....

Back