Remington Genesis How Is It

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
I was wondering how the Remington Genesis compare to accuracy compared to to the other brand of muzzle loaders?

What load do you like best in your Remington Genesis?

My current set up is 110grain BH 209 and TC Shockwave 250...

I think the BH is to risky for me to shoot...not sure what has caused my firing issues with it...Just know after 20 years of experience I am not sold on the BH209 just yet...

When I compare the Genesis to say my Black Diamond, Knight Disc, Whites, or Wolverines, its not really fair. All of them shoot good groups, but I seldom shoot past 100 yards and am more prone to shoot at 75 yards.

My Genesis is a good shooter. It shot some of the best groups with an inline, that I have ever shot. It likes two pyrodex pellets and a 250 grain Barnes MZ Expander. It also shoots 200 grain Shockwaves real well.

I personally like the Genesis. I have a lot of confidence in the rifle for going off when it should. Mine also shot BH real well, but I never hunted with it.

You shooting the factory sabots that come with the barnes? I tried them last year and they were everywhere the shockwave was driving bullet hole to bullet hole.

100gr of BH209 & 250gr 45cal FXT's with Harvester black crush rib sabots shoot 1" groups at 100yds as long as I do my job pulling the trigger. Great gun,...actually shares the hunt time with my TC Endeavor,...I'd be hard pressed to actually say which one is more accurate.

Yes I was shooting the red sabots that came with the Barnes. They shot really good. Shockwaves are another real good shooting projectile. Actually this Genesis of mine is not real fussy.

The one thing I want to point out, I shoot close range stuff where I live. Some of you talking about 150+ yard shots ... WOW. Once I had my black diamond XR at my friends farm and was shooting at a paper plate off shooting sticks at 150 yards. I was hitting it, and very happy about that. But a deer is a different matter. Although I think the Genesis would be very good for longer ranges. That's why I put a Nikon Omega on it.

I really liked my Genesis before I sold it. Very accurate and easy to clean. Mine did have quite a bit of blowback though and it kicked like a mule. But I wish I hadn't sold it.

I've had two. A blue/black one and a Stainless/Laminate. Neither were picky. The only thing I couldn't get them to shoot as well as I would prefer was slip fit conicals. FPBs and Powerbelts shot great though.

Your load should do you just fine though.

My favorite load is a .400 200g XTP in a Harvester Crush Rib over 100g of BH.

Latest posts

Back