Remington genesis vs taditions pursuit 2 xlt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krchov

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new muzzleloader. Ihandled the genesis was a nice gun a lil bit heavy. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both these guns thanks

I am a Genesis owner. Its a great rifle to shoot. Very accurate. It is serviced (or so we thought) by Traditions. A forum member very recently needed service on his Genesis and was refused by both Traditions and Remington. So because of this reason, I would really consider a different brand name rifle.

Now I hate to bash a Genesis. Mine is smooth shooting, easy to clean, and very accurate. But when I purchase something and should I need service, I expect service. This is where Thompson Center, Knight, and even CVA have shined... SERVICE. Believe me, when you need it, you will appreciate it.

krchov said:
I'm looking at buying a new muzzleloader. Ihandled the genesis was a nice gun a lil bit heavy. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both these guns thanks

you mean barrel heavy ,next time handle a T/C TRIUMPH and u will see and feel what i mean ..day and night difference

the genesis is barrel heavy ...the TRIUMPH is balanced perfectly ..T/C did they're homework ..

They all work, they all shoot good, but Omega Z5 is the best buy and Triumph is the best sabot shooter, and at need there are 5 or 6 coniacals that will shoot good especally the FPB. Lee

Like Dave said, the Genesis is a good rifle. I was actually considering buying another one out of regret for selling my other two. But now that I heard they aren't servicing them,... to hell with that! :?

I handled a Triumph but never shot one. I personally do not feel the Genesis barrel heavy. In fact I like a little weight in the barrel when I free hand shoot. But again, that report of service being denied, that would be the end of that story...

If this is the only rifle you intend on owning, then get a good one. Save a little longer, spend a little more. Get one that feels right to you and has a company that is stable and solid.

Accura-resized.jpg

Back