T/C Shockwave Bullet ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra6

Reaction score
I just bought a T/C Omega starter package. I got it set up last night and made it out to the range this morning. Anyway after bore sighting and just 3 rounds I was able to get the Omego zero'd at 100yds. The gun was very impressive with 100gr of 777 pellets and the supplied T/C Shockwave bullets. I shot my last 3 shot group into less than 1 inch. I'd like to buy some more of the Shockwaves but nowhere in the literature or on the package does it say what grain bullets are supplied. Does anybody know? They are yellow tipped with a black sabot.

Thanks, s6

Mine came with 250gr. If the sabots were blue they were 200gr and if they were black they were the 250gr.

I understand Hornady makes the Shockwave for T/C (tip color is different). You can buy the Hornady bullets in bulk...jim

HunterJim,

I'd love to just that. Do you have a reccomendation for a sabot?

s6

HunterJim said:
I understand Hornady makes the Shockwave for T/C (tip color is different). You can buy the Hornady bullets in bulk...jim

under Hornadys's name they are SSTs and have a red tip

78849-t.jpg

I've never seen the Hornady SST offered in bulk... From time to time Midsouth has offered SST blems but other that that no SSTs/Shockwaves may be purchased in bulk without sabots.. As it stands 250gr Shockwaves come with MMP HPH-24 sabots and 250gr SSTs come with MMP HPH-12s.

As yes...the bullets that come with the Omega are 250gr Shockwaves..

I thought I had seen these bullets in bulk package on Midway Arms in one of their sales promotions, but when I checked just now it was in fact a pistol bullet.

Sorry about that, but they may be available in bulk if there is a design change. Midway will repackage when that happens (I bought a flock of .375"/270 grain FailSafe bullets from Midway after Winchester replaced the FailSafe with the latest and cheapest.

jim

HunterJim said:
I thought I had seen these bullets in bulk package on Midway Arms in one of their sales promotions, but when I checked just now it was in fact a pistol bullet.

Sorry about that, but they may be available in bulk if there is a design change. Midway will repackage when that happens (I bought a flock of .375"/270 grain FailSafe bullets from Midway after Winchester replaced the FailSafe with the latest and cheapest.

jim

I got some of the Partition Golds in .30/150 and 7mm/160 when they were discontinued for $8 a box; in retrospect I wish I would have just bought all 7mms because I don't see myself really using the .30s.

Shockwave--Surefire Sabots

Are the Surefire sabots from TC shockwaves also? They are a lot cheaper than the others at Walmart. They go down the barrel much easier than any other sabot. They are black, HP, 230 gr. and cheap. Seem to be the most accurate I've shot to date.

Matt,

Maybe you can use the .30s as trading stock for more 7 mm bullets...jim

Dux,

Without looking I would guess the sabots are MMP in origin.

jim

Latest posts

Back