TC Pro Hunter's First!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
TC Pro Hunter finally drew blood. :grin:

Hunted Mon-(Thurs AM)this week and saw several forkers and one decent buck that didnt offer a shot I was comfortable taking with a ML.

Yesterday I was in my treestand & saw 4 deer moving thru the thick scrub oak & slashings about 80 or so yards away. I scoped all the rest & didnt see any rack buck so tried to pick out the largesst deer in the group. Finally, what i thought was the largest stepped into a narrow opening & I scoped and saw was bald and squeezed off. All I saw was white smoke & white tails flashing. I reloaded & waited bout 1/2 hour and climbed out of my stand. Took a while to get to area due to thicket but I found deer where I thought it was when i shot. I thought it was a doe but was a buck that lost its antlers. Likely based on socket size & hair coloration around...was a spikie. Decent size deer. Amazing cause thats the 3rd I took in this area that dropped antlers either during regular season or late flintlock in the past 3 years.

Based on tracks & location of deer it appeared it dropped in its tracks. High hit thru both lungs with tremendous expansion.

Deer was full of corn with nearest field almost 2 miles away. Likely just pushed from hunting pressure first 2 days of season. Heard alot of shootin Monday with much less Tues & almost none Weds. Killed on PA Public Hunting Grounds...Lycoming State Forest.

Gun was TC Pro Hunter & load 2 50 777 pellets w/TC 250 grain Shockwave Bonded bullets w/MMP HPH 12 sabots ignited with the new 777 209s.

Dropped deer off at Chas. Ilyes Family butchers here in York Co late this afternoon. Gettin roasts & loin cut out with balance in their great sweet bologna rolls. Family & friends depend on Loggy to supply this fine stuff each Holiday Season. Best bologna ive ever had... bar none!!

Although, didnt bag that trophy of a lifetime(yet :grin:) ...had a very memorable hunt & already thinkin of Late Flintlock Season! :) Sure hope those temps go down....waaaayyyy tooooo warm!!! :grin: Cant get out anymore durin Regular Season due to work etc. Been off 1 week for bear season plus this week...time to get bak to reality...i think! :grin:

Pic Of Deer (I was Camerman due to non other available :grin: )

DSCF0393.jpg

Larry way to go!! So far I haven't seen a thing. Had one deer that was working its way to me shot out from underneath me less than 75 yds away. :x The guys sat down slightly in front of me and about 75 yds to my left. I shined my flashlight at him hoping he would move, but Noooo, he stayed right there. I was so pissed when he shot, I didn't even bother to see what it was.

I don't think I'll be able to make it out next weekend, but there's allways the late ML season.

Ed

Nice going Larry! Great lookin' rig!!! I hear nothing but good things about the pro-hunter.

Congratulations on the nice deer! Nice lookin TC and I like your carrier!

Way to go ..Loggy

I hope you didn't leave the pro hunter on the deer carrier when you drove off. I have been waiting for you to bloody your pro hunter.

Good shooting

Choc-dog

Re: Way to go ..Loggy

choc-dog said:
I hope you didn't leave the pro hunter on the deer carrier when you drove off. I have been waiting for you to bloody your pro hunter.

Good shooting

Choc-dog

:) Thanks choc-dog & guys.

I hunted harder this year than many but just couldnt seen to get that trophy of a lifetime in my sights. Guess thats why its called Hunting. :lol:

With our 3 week PA Flintlock ONLY Season just around the corner ...im already startin to get recharged so to speak! :lol:

:) Very best of luck to all who are still out there huntin that trophy of their dreams!

Hey Loggy..
What did you think of the wound channel caused by the Bonded Shockwave?

big6x6 said:
Hey Loggy..
What did you think of the wound channel caused by the Bonded Shockwave?

Hit was pretty far front & took both lungs plus broke thru shoulder. Looked like expansion was close to 1" on exit. I was impressed. Looked for bullet but exited & couldnt find. I killed several over the years with the 250 SST's (SW Unbonded's) and this hit performed better than the Unbonded. Thats where im at now at least until next hit! :lol:

Nice job Loggy.. that's a nice deer, horns or no horns. It is going to be good eating. That's the main thing. Good luck during your flintlock season. Are you taking the firestorm out?

:) Thanks Dave.

I sold my TC Firestorm a couple months ago.

I will be hunting the PA Late Flintlock Only Season with my TC Pa Hunter which I put a 28" Green Mountain 1-28 twist barrel on plus addedh a new L&R lock & had fitted & tuned by Cabin Creek ML Gun Builder Brad Emig here in PA. http://www.cabincreek.net/index.html

Aint ur "traditional" slow twist roundball throwin flinter but it does boggie!! Shootin the Hornady .452 300 XTP with short Black MMP sabots. I was loadin with 100 grs 3fg goex but got some 3fg Swiss i plan to range test in next couple weeks.

I killed last Late Flintlock with the new bbl but this will be my first to hunt with the L&R Lock. Almost aint fair! (almost that is :lol: )

big6x6 said:
I killed several over the years with the 250 SST's (SW Unbonded's) and this hit performed better than the Unbonded. :

THat's also my feeling on the bonded SW

i just got a pro hunter what power is the scope on your gun .great deer .

thanks jim

Great job what kind of rings and bases do you have and what size rings high or med.. i got a new tc pro hunter trying to get setup.

thanks jim

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM WV :) :yeah:

Latest posts

Back