Remington Genesis Misfire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKMuzzlin

Reaction score
I purchased a brnad new Remington Genesis muzzle loader a month ago. I fired it about fifteen times and did some field cleaning half way through. After shooting I cleaned it at home. This past weekend I was trying to shoot the gun but the hammer and transfer pin did not seem to activate the primer. I am using Remington 209 primers and I tried three primers out of the pack. The transfer pin is leaving a small dent on the primer but it does not seem to be hitting it hard enough to fire the primer.

Has anyone seen this before? Is the hammer spring loosing tension already ( I did not store the gun with the hammer cocked)?

First off.. welcome to the forum.

I have the same rifle. I have only put perhaps 100 rounds through it, but so far it has worked perfect. When I clean the firing pin, I am real careful about lining up the hole for the allen wrench and making sure the spring is centered, but like I said, no problems so far. I shoot Winchester W209 primers.

Latest posts

Back