More Pesky Pigs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Game camera photos from mid March. Clock is one hour slow:

HopOa7Yl.jpg

oKreUv6l.jpg

vtWn3jXl.jpg

now there is some BACON!! and I mean BACON! did any of the LITTLE PIGGIES GO TO MARKET? and does it taste like CHICKEN? LOL!!

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED! there is NO FREE MEAL. but what do HOGS MOW??

so I guess thaw they do what ever that they want, till a 180 grain bullet hits them in the head? ENDE!! FINETO!!

Don't need a 30-30 or a 180 gr bullet a .223/5.56 in 55 gr to the brain works quite nicely. No running or tracking a ticked off hog. DRT dead.

On Friday i killed eight small pigs with two loads of #4 buckshot from a stand about 25 yards from feeder. Dead pigs don't grow into hogs.

1617908529038.png I can't see us in the south ever running out of hogs to hunt. Daylight or dark with whatever type of firearm a guy decided to use....there is always a way to find more of them. I started keeping track of the ones I shot on one piece of property about 10 years ago and I'm at 797 of them so far.

Sorry for too many pics, just couldn't figure out how to do it correctly !!

No worries. It's always fun to see what the other guys are doing out there. You'll fill a freezer with that bunch for sure. They're all small enough to be tasty, too. I remmber the fun of trial and error cooking, learning how to cook the wild pork so it's not tough as shoe leather (Cook it VERY low temp and slow until the thermometer tells you you're at 165 (?) degrees - it's been a while). The best thing I ever found was one of the old-fashioned electric Ceramic-coated cookers. You could bring those down to a little under 200 degrees dependably. Man, I miss being down south and hunting the hogs. No hogs here in upstate New York.

They will get there eventually.....just not getting rid of them !

View attachment 3422 I can't see us in the south ever running out of hogs to hunt. Daylight or dark with whatever type of firearm a guy decided to use....there is always a way to find more of them. I started keeping track of the ones I shot on one piece of property about 10 years ago and I'm at 797 of them so far.
it looks like this little pig went to market??

Back