Nula owners qusetion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolmaster

Reaction score
How much force does it take to close the bolt on a CCI 209m primer? My rifle takes maybe 40-50 pounds to close and open the bolt with the primer in place. The primer will pactically fall out ot the breech plug otherwise.

Hey Schoolmaster,
I thought I was the only one that had that problem. I talked to Melvin after the season and sent my gun back to him to have him look at it. He replaced my Breech plug and worked on the bolt and it's perfect. I know it's a pain but I would send it back. Melvin was great and had the gun back to me in a week. Keep me posted.

When I first tried this I thought that Melvin set these guns up for CCI 209m primers. So first I will try other primers and if they don't work right then I will send the rifle back. I don't like the thimble on the barrel or the ramrod. So I will have him remove the thimble and use one of my take down rods. I will keep everyone posted and thanks for responding.

Ok tried winchester primers and couldn't get the bolt closed, tried federal and was about the same as CCI so changing the primers didn't help. So I will call Melvin and send this rifle back for adjustment.

Gee Wiz for what you pay for one of these guns you shouldnt have these kind of problems getting out the door ! I have been thinking about buying one but for $1300.00 quality control should be better !

OK got the NULA back this week and the CCI 209m will work just fine. Had Melvin take the ramrod holder/thimble off the barrel and soften up the safety a little. Just mounted the Leupold 2.5 X 8 on it and teflon taped the breech plug so next week I will try and shoot it if the weather cools down a little.

Congrats, I know it shouldn't happen but I felt better after sending mine back. Keep us posted on the results.

Back