IS SMOKELESS MUZZLELOADING NOT ALLOWED IN YOUR STATE?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhawker

Reaction score
I was just curious about how many states specify that smokeless powder cant be used during their muzzleloading seasons. I figure there are a lot more that do allow than dont. Input is appreciated...

You cannot use a smokeless muzzleloader in Colorado during muzzleloader season.

Michigan you can not use smokeless during the muzzleloader seasons.

With BH209 and a 45cal Disc Elite, Who Cares about smokeless rules :D :wink: 8)

+2500fps and I don't have to shell out 400-600 clams for a smokeless rifle :yeah: :D 8) :wink:

Louisiana & Mississippi - Not only is smokeless legal, but certain single shot breech loading rifles are legal during the "primitive" gun season.

Semisane said:
Louisiana & Mississippi - Not only is smokeless legal, but certain single shot breech loading rifles are legal during the "primitive" gun season.

I never did understand that one. Kind of like colorados 1" projectile length rule.

frontier gander said:
Semisane said:

I never did understand that one. Kind of like colorados 1" projectile length rule.
There is some talk about doing that in AR so far its only talk. Our deer herd needs trimming in some areas and as long as there are plenty of deer I don't have a problem with it but personally I would stick with my front loaders. Lee

Yes and No for Pennsylvania.

The 2008-2009 Hunting Digest for Pennsylvania does not break it down by types of powder used. So a smokeless powder inline muzzleloader could be used in the early muzzleloader season (Oct - antlerless) and as an alternative to using a slug gun in shotgun only areas.

The late muzzleloader season (Dec-Jan - antlered/antlerless) requires the use of a flintlock.

LANE WROTE
With BH209 and a 45cal Disc Elite, Who Cares about smokeless rules

+2500fps and I don't have to shell out 400-600 clams for a smokeless rifle
HODGDON CARES!! In their opinion BH209 IS smokeless. :shock: (Not that they would try to influence your state) :wink:

squirrelhawker said:
LANE WROTE

HODGDON CARES!! In their opinion BH209 IS smokeless. :shock: (Not that they would try to influence your state) :wink:

Here in Nebraska, the deer population trumps ridiculous powder regulations :wink:

The NGPC just opened an all new 3day season, in the middle of October(Usually Bow Season Only), now you can use any legal weapon of choice, to shoot as many antlerless(Antlers 6inches or less) in the NorthEast portion of the state as you can buy tags for. And each tag is for TWO deer!!! :shock: :D 8)

The NGPC is at their wits end, trying to get a handle on this out-of-control deer population, and they sure as heck are not going to squabble about LIMITING hunters abilities :roll: 8) They want to enable MORE regular and especially NEW hunters, to enter the field.

And my hats-off to'em for doing a great job :D 8)

Smokeless And Scopes, all legal in the Husker state. :D

Scoot over in bed lane because im coming hunting with you!! :lol:

lane said:
squirrelhawker said:
LANE WROTE

Here in Nebraska the deer population trumps ridiculous powder regulations :wink:

The NGPC just opened an all new 3day season, in the middle of October(Usually Bow Season Only), now you can use any legal weapon of choice, to shoot as many antlerless(Antlers 6inches or less) in the NorthEast portion of the state as you can buy tags for. And each tag is for TWO deer!!! :shock: :D 8)

The NGPC is at their wits end, trying to get a handle on this out-of-control deer population, and they sure as heck are not going to squabble about LIMITING hunters abilities :roll: 8) They want to enable MORE regular and especially NEW hunters, to enter the field.

And my hats-off to'em for doing a great job :D 8)

Nice regs!

Our antlerless deer used to be less than 5". Now I think it 3". 3" stubs are real easy to hide behind those ears.. Think you are shooting a nice doe and next thing you know you have to use your buck tag. (1 buck/season)

FL no smokeless, and it's not stated in the handbook. GA where I hunt it's legal

rjhans53 said:
FL no smokeless, and it's not stated in the handbook. GA where I hunt it's legal

So how is FL no smokeless if it's not prohibited in the regulations???

FL no smokless i did not see it in the handbook but its in a news release on the flordia wma web site its says no nitro based powder, only black powder or substitute (Stupid) rule. I hunt with bh 209 anyway so dosent bother me yet :wink:

Latest posts

Back