Saturdays shooting of the Disc Elite 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batchief909 said:
That stock looks like crap.... :roll: :lol: :wink:

Good shootin' fer an old guy.... 8)

56 hain't olt. lest wiz not tu me...muss be da bad pitur, Bat.

Good shooting Spit! This was one of the most unique "range" reports I've ever read! :lol:

The 200gr XTP is certainly a good shooter! You think it is tough enough to hold together with a close shot using >110gr BH209?

Spit

Spit....I would think the lite blue smooth harvester would work fine for the .40 cal xtp. They make a crush rib in a lite blue also. I went over to the hornady site and could not find the xtpftx bullet you spoke of. Probably a typo ? I will try some of the ftx 265 grain .430 bullets tho. If a guy can get them to shoot well they ought to be a real stopper. As far as other sabots go I find it hard to beat the short black harvester with the .452 bullets. I don't have much experience with the crush ribs at all. I have a few .45 and .50 I should shoot just to see. I look forward to the .40 cal ftx if they ever get them in production.
Wayles

big6x6

The 200gr XTP is certainly a good shooter! You think it is tough enough to hold together with a close shot using >110gr BH209?

I am shooting it (the regluar XTP) with 110 grains of T7-2f and I have torture tested it into a water saturated earthen clay water bar. It is the only Hornady XTP that I have tortured that stayed intact. Not all but most other XTP's shed their copper and the lead blows up. That little 200 grain mighty might is a good one.

I think Lee even took a hog through the frontal area with one. They are tough.

Back