painted my squirrel rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew_h

Reaction score
i got this savage during the summer for $114 at walmart . it seems to like federal bulk ammo no jams and only a few ftf that went off the second time . i would have liked to get the bolt action for $100 , but it hard for me to work a bolt , I am left handed . i got this and it seems to be a good gun for the price . i will order a left hand savage 17hmr some time but i have to pay off my new o/u turkey gun first . i got bored with the black , so today i painted it camo .

started as this
matts22.jpg

now it looks like this

squirrelgun.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

what do you guys think ? its my first camo , and that being said i think it looks good .

thanks , first i laid down a base coat of green and let it try for about 10 min . then some stripes of brown . let that dry . then i cut some leaves of the hedges in our front yard and laid them on the stock and scope . sprayed some black over it . gun is a savage model 62f 22lr , scope is a cheap buck ridge 4x32 thats why i didn't mind painting that too .shoots great a very good deal for $114 . im i nthe prosses of makeing soem shootign sticks that match it .oh and i weighted the stock in the back to balance the rifle better , about 1 1/2 pounds .

Back