Need scope/ring ssuggestions for TC Bone Collector

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino Hunter

Reaction score
My wife just bought me a TC Bone Collector for my birthday (yes, I'm a lucky man).

I would like some suggestions for a scope and rings. I'm a Leupold fan so I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the Ultimate Slam...not sure if I want the 2x7 or 3x9 though.

Rings are what I really don't have a clue about. I want quality though, not worried about spending a couple extra dollars for it either.

Thanx in advance!

RH

I've heard good things about Warne. I was also considering Leupold bases. What makes Waren so good?

The Leupold QR bases and rings are hard to beat. They allow you to take off the scope for cleaning and yet return to zero when re-installed. I have these on my Encore and Encore Pro-Hunter both with the Nikon Omega scope.

coh-1 said:
The Leupold QR bases and rings are hard to beat. They allow you to take off the scope for cleaning and yet return to zero when re-installed. I have these on my Encore and Encore Pro-Hunter both with the Nikon Omega scope.

I'm curious why you remove your scope during cleaning? I have a number of centerfire rifles with scopes and they all get cleaned with the scope on.

TX!

RH

I have the ultimateslam 3-9x and have loved it. It's mounted with Warne QD rings. I also take mine off for cleaning. There's much more residue with muzzleloaders than a traditional rifle. Being able to take off the scope makes cleaning that much easier and keeps my scope clean.

Rhino Hunter,

I have 2 Encores and an older CVA Hawkins that all have scopes with quick release rings. On the Encores you can remove the barrels from the frames to do a thorough cleaning so without the scopes attached, it makes the barrels easier and lighter to clean without the chance of possible bumping/dropping your scope to knock it out of alignment while cleaning. On the Hawkins, simply removing the scope allows easier access to the hammer and drum area for cleaning as well.

Well, my search is over.

I drove down to my local Cabelas only to find they were sold our of the Leupold Ultimate Slam scopes. So I had them mail order one and ship it direct to my house. It's the 3x9 version.

I also picked up some Leupold QR base and rings. Why not go with the best...right?

I can't wait for my scope to arrive.

Thanx for your help!

Rhino Hunter

Latest posts

Back