Knight rifles ceasing?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They worked hard to be silly

No one talks much about Knight's attempt to invent a 'new' caliber.....the .52 cailiber ML.....whose dumb a** brainchild was that? Heck, if they wanted to do something useful, easy, and cheap to sell some rifles to a minority group of people, all they had to do was produce a left hand (safety) Elite or Extreme model (besides the single expensive LRH version).....I'm one of the 10% that sure would have bought them!

TRADITION and CVA are doing well and selling they're MLs no problem with overstocked inventory ..i wonder why ????? even FIELD and STREAM are on they,re side they gave them the BEST of BEST AWARDS....

Best of the Best Awards: The Best New Blackpowder Rifles of 2008
Our testers included blackpowder hunter Jerry Ewasiuk; avid bench shooter Bob McDonald; Al Voth, a hunter and reloader; and author Brad Fenson, who has hunted with muzzleloaders from the Arctic to Florida.
Article by Field & Stream Online Editors. Uploaded on August 20, 2008

I hate to see Knight go. That leaves Savage as the sole large quanity producer of a quality inline muzzleloader.

UtahRob said:
T.C. is lucky they are owned by Smith and Wesson , their sales are doing great !!

http://newsblaze.com/story/200903121313 ... story.html

The sporting arms side of S&W holding company is just "Awful" , if T/C was not owned by S&W they would be in trouble as the self defence side of S&W holding is producing the sales and profits.

T/C has cut the marketing dollars for the fall hunting shows, they are down to 4 principal shows.

Chocdog

I ordered me some musket cap nipples from Knight today. I swear it was like losing an old friend talking to customer service and hearing them say they would not make anymore guns but would cover warrantys and replacement part orders for awhile. She said the ultimate slam was dead. Well that was the gun I was saving for. There are some good buys on knights at gunbroker.com.

Officail Knight Press Release

Just in case you want to read it from the "horses mouth", this is the Official Knight Press Release. It was supposed to be released on June 1st, but I didn't find it until yesterday June 2nd. It was comforting to read the part that I show in bold print.

Knight Rifles to Close

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. Press Release

Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. is announcing today that it will close its Knight Rifles division (?Knight?) in Decatur, AL effective June 30, 2009. The decision to close the Knight operation resulted from an overall industry downturn.

This closure will not affect service of Knight Rifles? products. Customer service for wholesale and retail customers will be provided by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. All warranty, non-warranty, and replacement part services will remain in place for the various customer categories and all customers will have access to experienced service personnel for consultation, questions, and repair of Knight products (in serviceable condition.) Sales of Knight?s parts and accessories will be also be handled by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc.

Until June 30, 2009, you are requested to continue to use your regular customer contacts and service department personnel. Prior to Knight?s closure on June 30, 2009, you will be provided with new customer service contact information.

Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. will continue to operate the office functions for Knight so as to provide continuity for its customers and vendors until resolution is concluded.

Knight Rifles? management and staff would like to extend its appreciation to all of the Knight customers for the support of Knight?s products over the years.

Inquiries regarding the content of this press release should be directed to:

Lynn Schlichte or Tom Rainey @ (256) 260-8900 or via email at [email protected]
http://www.knightrifles.com/PressRoom/P ... s_to_Close

IMO I hate to see a ML company go under. I never owned a Knight, I feel TC and White rifles are better quality.

I also would venture to say that Knight and TC and even White put too big a price tag on their products. The very reason Traditions and CVA are still doing business...

FYI----I found this on another site..........red

During the recent NRA Annual Meetings, Americanrifleman.org/Americanhunter.org learned that Knight Rifles is closing its doors after 24 years as a key American firearms manufacturer. That news was confirmed late last week via an announcement from Modern Muzzleloading, Inc., a related subsidiary under corporate parent, Pradco Outdoor Brands/EBSCO. The press release stated, ?The decision to close the Knight operation resulted from an overall industry downturn.? Reportedly Knight sales had declined sharply in recent years and efforts to sell the brand and company assets were unsuccessful.

The release indicated Knight owners would not be abandoned. ?All warranty, non-warranty, and replacement part services will remain in place?and all customers will have access to experienced service personnel for consultation, questions and repair of Knight products (in serviceable condition).? Additionally, Modern Muzzleloading will continue to offer Knight parts and accessories, according to the announcement.

From the time of introduction in 1985, Knight?s inline muzzleloaders exerted a profound effect on the American hunting scene. Founder Tony Knight?s ingenious adaptation of a largely forgotten, 180-year-old muzzleloader design attracted deer hunters in droves thanks to modern lines and ease of operation. In short order other firms co-opted the inline concept, and the resulting new class of firearms tallied big sales. This led to a resurgence in muzzleloading as big-game hunters across the nation equipped themselves to take advantage of blackpowder-only seasons.

Like millions of other American hunters, I took advantage of the muzzleloading boom to spend many more days afield, and accordingly Knight muzzleloaders played a big part in my sporting life. Using the early MK-85 model I tracked deer in snow during late seasons, and later used a Magnum Elite to kill my first 6x6 bull elk. Subsequently I used Knights to take mule deer, pronghorns, black bears, wild hogs and many more whitetails. For me?as I expect will be the case for others?the news of Knight Rifles? demise is like learning about the loss of an old friend.

?John Zent, Editorial Director

Back