Knight rifles ceasing?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got an email from a regional director to the RMEF that stated that Knight rifles will cease to exist on June 30th??? Did I miss the announcement or is this new news?

Very interesting. Anyone happen to see a 2009 Knight catalog? I spoke to someone at Knight today and they told me that there is no 2009 catalog.

Knight made some good guns. They got into money trouble because of the proliferation gun models that they produced. The same thing happened to Kimber about 20 years ago.

That would be a shame for us all... we all like to see a variety of models from all the gun makers so we can choose what looks interesting. One less to choose from is a sad thing! :(

flint head said:
That would be a shame for us all... we all like to see a variety of models from all the gun makers so we can choose what looks interesting. One less to choose from is a sad thing! :(

I agree!. This is not good.

I can't see it happening, but all the signs are there. Bad for all of us if it's true.

If true... hope we'll be able to get parts like breech plugs, etc.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Green Mountain take over, and start offering more "custom" or "limited edition" MZ's. (Since both owned by same company).

Not happy about this ! :(

I just ordered some parts from Knight this morning. Either the top brass at EBSCO/Knight hasn't announced this to their workers, which would be typical being more than a month out, or it is simply a misunderstanding with RMEF. I was informed the Shadow in question still has some issues, and that some models are being discontinued.

Now with that said, when I made an inquiry through the Knight site almost a month ago, I got an e-mail about 2 weeks later with an answer. I also received a 2008 catalog in the mail at the same time. I was informed the distributors received 2009 catalogs, and more were to be ordered. I haven't seen one, has anyone else?

I am not so blind, that I can't see, but I am going to wait for Knight's "Press Release", before jumping to any conclusion that they will "cease to exist". We could only hope Tony could get it back, and keep in touch with what the buying public wants.

Big corporations ruin good companies every day. I have seen it happen way too many times.

Please NO! I was going to buy a second Knight this year!

Busta, I do have a 2009 catalog... got it a while back, but it does not have the new rifle in it.

flint head said:
Busta, I do have a 2009 catalog... got it a while back, but it does not have the new rifle in it.

Thanks Flint! If this rumor is true, they were going to totally blind-side the workers, which is also typical. But at only 1 month out, they need to know if it is truely coming down the pike.

To be honest, I really seen this coming when they moved operations away from Iowa. They went from rifle builders and craftsmen, to rifle assemblers and corporate BS.

Let's hope for the best.

I had heard they were having trouble several months back, but not sure about them going completely out of business yet.

Yeah, it's really hard for me to believe that this is going to happen in a few weeks and the employee's don't know a thing about it.

I did talk to a fellow at knight in Iowa several months ago and he said they were really hoping people would buy the new rifle because they were not doing well... so who knows??

It is never good for our sport or industry to loose a manufacturer especially Knight. T/C had a very dismal sales year last year with a 53% market share on ML rifles. I felt Knight days were numbered with out a sizable market share for their rifles. The entire factory/production was moved 3 years ago to La. for a reason.

The recession has been difficult on the "Sporting" side of the gun market.
Unfortunately there will be more to follow.

Chocdog

black powder said:
not surprized at all ...and most of us know why ....

You know I'm not. Knight simply has not met the competition. It's as simple as that.

I really hate it. At one time my Knight T/H Disc Extreme was the best muzzleloader I had ever owned and probably one of the best money could buy. Even BETTER IMO was the Disc Elite which I have owned, and still own SEVERAL. Then came the T/C Omega with a non-scope burning, non-FPJ using, lower priced, and easier to clean quality muzzleloader and it was basically over for Knight at that time. The masses FLOODED to the Omega and Knight countered with the Revolution which was for the most part a flop and in no way challenged the Omega. Knight never recovered the lost sales. With the introduction of a new and better propellent that required a few changes to existing product lines, Knight continued and still continues to shove Pyrodex/Triple Se7en down muzzleloader enthusiast throats instead of embracing Blackhorn 209. REALLY bad judgement.

Improvement in the quality of CVA and Traditions muzzleloaders pretty muched sealed the deal.

That about sums it up.

CHUCK don't forget the T/C TRIUMPH one of the best muzzleloaders on the market right now ..if not the best ..in my opinion ..

Back