Cleaning my .25 acp brass

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
what would you guys recommend . I have never done any re-loading so i am not sure .

Thanks
RobK.

I.d pick up a flash hole deburing tool and a primmer pocket cleaning brush. Most cases will have a burr from when it was punched out. You only need to use it on new cases. If you see the need to clean the outside of case, just use a piece of steal wool for clean-up.

A quick way of cleaning brass (since you don't have the usual handloader equipment like a tumbler) is to soak it in a bowl of Cider Vinegar for 20 to 30 minutes, swishing occassionally, swab out the inside with a Q-tip and rinse well in clean water, then dry. I clean my pistol brass this way from time to time to clean out the case insides and primer pockets. Keeps 'em pretty shiney as well

Mark whiz said:
A quick way of cleaning brass (since you don't have the usual handloader equipment like a tumbler) is to soak it in a bowl of Cider Vinegar for 20 to 30 minutes, swishing occassionally, swab out the inside with a Q-tip and rinse well in clean water, then dry. I clean my pistol brass this way from time to time to clean out the case insides and primer pockets. Keeps 'em pretty shiney as well

thanks i will give that a try !!!

Mark whiz said:

Boy did that work !!!!

can't believe the crud that came from the inside if the .25 acp brass . Change the Vinegare once and the brass is now spotless inside !! :D

Thanks -
RobK.

Glad it worked for ya. :)

That bottle of vinegar can be reused a bunch too - I just screen out the chunky stuff and pour it back in the bottle for use the next time.

Thank you Mark Whiz, thank you!!!! Just tried it myself also. Worked better than putting the dang things in my vibratory case cleaner. I'm going to add a four ounce plastic bottle filled with vinegar to my shooting box so I can drop the freshly fired cases in it right at the shooting bench.

Glad I could be of help guys.
Sometimes the simplest solution is just the best solution.

Sometimes the simplest solution is just the best solution.

Solution? Was I supposed to make some sort of solution??? I just used the vinegar straight. :wink: :lol: :lol:

By the way Mark, I stole your post and put it on the HNI Blackpowder forum. I noticed you haven't been on that one for a few years.

That must be one Forum that slipped thru the cracks on me.................I'll have to go remedy that.

Funny you should mention "solution". In many handloading forums people will scream the vinegar is horrible on brass and others say to cut it with water and salt. Heard a thousand different ideas, but simply put - the straight cider vinegar works great and unless you're loading .50BMG rounds for shooting aliens out of orbit.....................you just don't have to worry about using it straight.

Back