Thompson Center customer service sucks!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honky cat

Reaction score
This my story about T/C ARMS CUSTOMER SERVICE!Three weeks ago,Icalled to request a filler screw for the front sight of my new Endeavor.I also ask about the new adjustable hinge they manufacture and advertise on their webpage as the accuracy and consistency of my gun sucks with many different load combinations and the fit at the pin is very loose. Gail told me that the new pin comes stock and they would send me one along with the filler screws.After 3 weeks I called to check on the shipping status and talked to Kathy.SHE SAID THAT THEY HAD NO RECORD AND IN FACT THE PIN WAS NOT EVEN IN PRODUCTION YET AND THE SCREWS WERE NOT AVAILABLE.She asked who I spoke with and at first I couldnt remember.Then I called back and found out it was Gail I originally spoke with.She was very friendly,unlike Kathy and said she spoke with Kathy and the C/S manager and my parts were being shipped.Well,today I got two boxes from t/c, one with a blued #11 nipple and the other with a stainless #11 nipple.Their c/s sucks and so does my Endeavor.I seriously regret this purchase of almost $1100 dollars.

Sell it, and then buy a CVA Apex. Better Gun, and perhaps Better CS :wink:

Sorry ta hear how ya got treated by TCCS, I had heard and read that it was supposed ta be really good
:? :shock:

call back and ask for Jeanette Shorey
Customer Service Team Leader
603 332 2333 Ext 530

SHE WAS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

T/C customer service

UTAH ROB,Thank youfor the info concerning T/C customer service.I will definitely be calling them tomorrow.BTW, how does your encore shoot?Did the bellm hinge pin make a noticable difference?Does anyone have the new collet style pin from T/C?It is advertised to expand and to"increase accuracy!

Re: T/C customer service

honky cat said:
UTAH ROB,Thank youfor the info concerning T/C customer service.I will definitely be calling them tomorrow.BTW, how does your encore shoot?Did the bellm hinge pin make a noticable difference?Does anyone have the new collet style pin from T/C?It is advertised to expand and to"increase accuracy!

I bought a locker pin fist , but it made it worse . i think they are smaller than the stock pins . The 1 x pin took all the play out even when i open the action . I added a heaver lock up bar spring also . My encore was very loose when i got it and would not lock up all the way unless you slammed it closed . so if i slammed it closed my groups were great , but if i forgot i would get a flier . The 1 x pin and spring took care of that . My groups did tighten up a little , But going with the .25acp and using 777 powder tighten my groups up even more . I think having the right powder/bullet/primer made the biggest improvement then doing these other things tighten my groups up even more Also check your butt stock and make sure it tight . being loose will throw you shots way off , it did on mine . I also did a bunch of work on my butt stock and forearm , i floated the forearm , filled the butt stock with foam , used JB weld to reinforce both the forearm and butt stock . neither come loose anymore .

Shots 1 and 2 were before i added a bi-pod and a sand bag under my but stock
That fist hole at the top of the orange dot ( 12 o' clock) is a three shot group ( shots 3-5 )then there are 15 shots toughing it . Shot 21 with out swabbing , i wanted to see where it would go if i needed a fast follow up shot when hunting . I was shocked at how many shots went in that hole , i just kept shooting and shooting then i counted my .25 acp brass .I WAS VERY SHOCKED !! These where the first 21 shots i did after changing powder and going from BH209 to 777 . I have been very sick and not been out since . DARN sinus infections get me a couple times a year !! !!

25acp777_MG_4140.jpg

Nothing but great CS here also. Every time I call them they have been more than helpful and very friendly. I've always received what I asked for in a timely manner.

sounds to me they just made a mistake,they have gone well beyond their warranty duty with me and have always been prompt and helpful....karl

UtahRob said:
honky cat said:
.I also ask about the new adjustable hinge they manufacture and advertise on their webpage.

I thought there was no issue with the Encore hinge pins LOL :wink: Now they have one that tightens up and does not move . ??? I have a 1x Bellm in mine .

you can also get one here !!

http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.ex ... y=207-7010

I bought one when I ordered my prohunter. It was $13.50 or so. TC#7010.
They told you not in production?? My gun didnt need it..the original is tight..actually so snug it has to be lined up precisely to get it together. As it should.

k said:
sounds to me they just made a mistake,they have gone well beyond their warranty duty with me and have always been prompt and helpful....karl

same here when i dropped my guns an broke a few parts of the barrel and ie-mailed them saying i was willing to pay for them this was her reply . :D

Quote ''
''I hear you on that one, not to worry I'll send you out the locking bolts and new pins to put them in today. The only payment I would like if you get a deer send me a picture for our trophy room.
Take care.

Jeanette Shorey
Customer Service Team Leader
603 332 2333 Ext 530 ''

I needed three screws , the tube the ramrod goes through and the locking bar . I think i forgot to say mine was SS they sent me one of each of those tubes ,One SS and one blued . :shock:

Twice I have needed parts for used t/c guns I had purchased and twice they sent them at no charge. I have nothing but praise for their customer service.
Art

The customer service at TC is the best. I have contacted them numerous times needing parts for rifles I had bought used and needed to
replace parts missing or broken. I've always gotten what I needed and they have never billed me for anything even when I offer to pay them.

Well my adjustable hinge pin finally arrived day before yesterday.It fit pretty tight ,even with the screw all the way out Ihad to tap it in.It definitely took the looseness out of the barrel -to frame connection.Although the package says that no sanding of the forearm ears is required,I found that the screw that expands this pin protrudes and does not fit flush with the frame.Therefore,I sanded the ears down until a business card would slip under each side.Hopefully this will make an improvement in accuracy,I will post my results shortly.Thanks for all the positive responses about T/C customer service ,that is always good to hear,by the way my filler screws came today and guess what! after 5 conversations with T/C they sent the wrong screws!(blued-not stainless as repeatedly stated for an Endeavor rifle.)

honky cat

Soory about your bad experiances with TC support.... I can not complain at all about the service thay have provided me... just wish other companies were as good...

Yesterday ,the adjustable hinge pin for Encore was $12.75 Today, they are $21.95 on T/C website.I guess I screwed up when I told Kathy in C/S (after she told me it wasnt in production yet) that I for saw them for sale at E.A.BROWN for $23.00

Back