Made my first ball bag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Made this last night! Pretty basic. I will think up my own design that suites my way of shooting/hunting best. I ended up splitting the leather thong and added some beads for a little pop. Overall, I am really darn happy with it. I made it with a very wide mouth at top so the balls come out easier.
25530210.jpg

Looks really good! Very well done.  You'll be happy with that wider mouth. Not so easy for balls to hang up when you need one in a hurry.

What kind of leather is that? It's a great color.

you know, i am not sure. It is cow hide, but very soft. I used rays gun stock wax on it to darken it up.

I also used 80lb artificial sinew, 3 layers actually, to sew it up. I wanted to  make sure she  didnt come apart lol. Next time, I would prefer to use leather stitching so it matches my shooting bag.

Here's the second ball bag I just made. I cut the "ears" off and used leather lacing and at the end, tied it off to leave me with a little strap that I can slide my belt through while hunting. I like my ball bag attached to my belt.
img_9939.jpg

That second one is like the one I made a while back. It's easy to do and works well.

There's always a little more pride and satisfaction when you can carry and use items handmade by yourself. Looks good.

I need to use the hides I got from you Jonathan, they are thin enough for ball bags and small bags for accessories.

Back