No time to shoot BUT....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I DID happen to get a couple of additions to the FLINTLOCK collection! I KNEW the T/C Hawken fit me pretty good so I got a good deal on a NIB Hawken .50 flintlock:

img_0193%20_2_.jpg

What you THINK? :D

Well I saved the BEST for LAST....I fell in love with Dave's PA Hunter so I happened to get a good deal on a FLINTLOCK Pennsylvania Hunter .50cal:

img_0190%20_2_.jpg

Dave...aren't you PROUD of me? 8) :lol:

TC

Both are beauts, but i like that PA Hunter. Good on ya' getting dose guns dere

Both of them are exceptional rifles. I think you are going to enjoy both of them. Both look in excellent condition. Are those the old or new locks? They look like new locks.

Close the frizzen and then lower the cock to the frizzen. See where the flint comes into contact with the frizzen. If the flint hits half way up the frizzen they are old style. If the frizzen hit 3/4 of the way up the frizzen they are the new style.

The difference is the length of the stroke has a direct effect on the length of the spark. Not that the old fashion will not work just fine. BUT the new style seems to give a longer spark which is always good for pan flash.

Beautiful rifles. I'll have to try more traditional muzzleloaders one of these days.

Close the frizzen and then lower the cock to the frizzen. See where the flint comes into contact with the frizzen. If the flint hits half way up the frizzen they are old style. If the frizzen hit 3/4 of the way up the frizzen they are the new style.

Well it looks like I have one of each! The PA Hunter is the old style and the Hawken is the new stlye!

Both are beauts, but i like that PA Hunter. Good on ya' getting dose guns dere

THANKS!

Beautiful rifles. I'll have to try more traditional muzzleloaders one of these days.

DON'T get started! :lol: They are a LOT of fun and TERRIBLY addicting! :D

DON'T get started! They are a LOT of fun and TERRIBLY addicting!

:shock: And just what in this thing called muzzleloading isn't addicting?

DC

Bevel up, or bevel down on the flint in the cock will make a huge difference on where the flint hits the frizzen, too.

Beautiful rifles. I'll have to try more traditional muzzleloaders one of these days

I advise you to immediately back away form the computer and if you see cayuga's name attached to any responses in this section immediately go to inlines or somewhere else. You will have one in 6 months or less once you start reading this threads. I know, a flint and cap lock later! But i have always been slow, some are much fater than me :wink: :p

I advise you to immediately back away form the computer and if you see cayuga's name attached to any responses.....

TOO LATE! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!! :lol:

big6x6

My gosh! you are really becoming a collector - but golly! those are good looking guns.

I can understand how you might be thinking 'where am i going to find the time?' You and Dave - not enough time in a year to shoot each and everyone of your ML's...

Ah! but have fun -

sabotloader said:
big6x6

My gosh! you are really becoming a collector - but golly! those are good looking guns.

I can understand how you might be thinking 'where am i going to find the time?' You and Dave - not enough time in a year to shoot each and everyone of your ML's...

Ah! but have fun -

Yeah! I wonder is that a GOOD thing? :lol:

I figure one can't go wrong buying a T/C ANYWAY so I guess that's my logic! :? :D

my new one should be here tomorrow...

I can't wait to see what it IS! :)

Back