Rem 700 ML?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampFox

Reaction score
Well i got's my Rem 700 Ml today via the little brown truck :D
My question is how tight are yall tighting the Breech Plug
Snug fit
Finger tight
Are kinder tight?
Also from the breech plug out to the end of the barrel is 23 1/4".Has this barrel been cut off any ? Are is it just call a 24" barrel?
Man if i could cet a Pic of it and post it,the gun looks new.Man i like the looks and the feel of it.I had already order and just install just a few minutes ago a Armurier Lavaltrie 209 Conversion Kit [the makers of the Cabelas Kit]I hope she shoots as good as she looks,but have to wait until after Christmas to be able to buy a scope.It came with a new PEP Site on it but i don't much care for them things.But boy i am one mo happy camper :D :D :D :D

SwampFox

My question is how tight are yall tighting the Breech Plug

Just so happens I have a conceptual drawing of how I do all of inline breech plugs..

Really works well for me...

BreechPlugSealing.jpg

Here is how I wrap the BP

BreechPlug.jpg

Here is another one of the plug and nipple removed after a range session - you can see most of the blow back was stopped at the face of the BP....

BoltNippleBP.jpg

mine is 22 1/4 some needs to go back to school :?: :?: the tape i'put on my breech plug is white... need to find some pink tape.... thanks WORM

Well mine is 23 1/4" from end of breech plug to end of barrel.Wonder what size barrel they are calling it?
gateway said:
mine is 22 1/4 some needs to go back to school :?: :?: the tape i'put on my breech plug is white... need to find some pink tape.... thanks WORM

SwampFox

That is one of the originals... a 24" barrel. Those are really hard to find now.... You can still find some 26" Remingtons.... Your stock is hand fitted to the barrel.... good purchase....

Again thanks sabotloader.I really like the feel of this gun,now don't get me wrong i love my Knight Magnum Disc Rifle and it shoots really really good,But i sware if this Rem 700Ml shoots half as good as it looks and feels.WELL,i would just hate to 2 time my Knight.LOL.
Kinder like haveing Wonder Woman and a Jay LO in the same house you know.What a way to go,LMFAO :D :D
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

That is one of the originals... a 24" barrel. Those are really hard to find now.... You can still find some 26" Remingtons.... Your stock is hand fitted to the barrel.... good purchase....

SwampFox

Get out there and snuggle up to the stock and shoot a few rounds... bet it will surprise you how well it shoots....

Here is an old Rem target from my 24" Rem... it did not do that bad and with a really good shooter it will do better...

Target.jpg

That look good there sabotloader,My old eyes had to have implants put in them a few years back,While i still can shoot pretty good with a scope.I have to wait until after Christmas before i can buy one.This gun came with a Peep Site,but i hate those things and have nerver been able to shoot worth a flip with them, just a few weeks back had another stroke [a small one] But i might just try this gun out real soon anyway,i just don't want to hurt my own feelings to bad before i get a scope.lol
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

Get out there and snuggle up to the stock and shoot a few rounds... bet it will surprise you how well it shoots....

Here is an old Rem target from my 24" Rem... it did not do that bad and with a really good shooter it will do better...

Target.jpg

SwampFox

Most important thing in the worlt! Take care of yourself...

but if n you cane with da peeps shoot a 25 yarder - you'll love it... don't matter where they hit on the paper - check ur group - your gonna love that barrel.

Have you taken the bolt apart yet to look at the internals?

Yep sabotloader,i have taken the bolt apart,i install the Armurier Lavaltrie 209 conversion kit.The old type #11 fireing pin was hardly discolor and the fireing pin spring,both look really great,But i went ahead and change all the inside's of the bolt anyway over to the 209 kit fireing pin and a new spring
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

Most important thing in the worlt! Take care of yourself...

but if n you cane with da peeps shoot a 25 yarder - you'll love it... don't matter where they hit on the paper - check ur group - your gonna love that barrel.

Have you taken the bolt apart yet to look at the internals?

Bolt Cleanliness (Swampfox and Sabot Loader Repy needed)

Guys, this is my first post on this forumn. I have spent many hours reading all of your posts.

I have a really hard time getting my bolt clean after a range session with the 700 ML. The 209 primer kit that I installed ends up blowing back lots of powder and debris into the bolt and requires signiificant soaking.

Swampfox Any idea how to get this assembly clean? Since you have lots of experience in cleaning it, how do you do it? I tend to use IPA as a solvent and soak in a the IPA for a couple hours.

Thanks for any info on getting the 700 ML clean. I want to be shooting it for years to come and don't want it to corrode or fail. The gun shoots in about 2 inch groups with premium sabots. It is my go to gun for deer and elk.

Any other great tricks for getting maximum performance out of the 700 ML? Mine likes 110 grains of pellets. Any favorite loads?

Thanks,

Re: Bolt Cleanliness (Swampfox and Sabot Loader Repy needed)

Sgraunk,the only real way to clean the bolt,is to take it plumb apart ,so you can get to the fireing pin and the fireing pin spring.This is the first Rem 700ml i have ever own.But i have known about this Blow Back issue for quite some time.Take the bolt apart and only then can you relly clean it like it should be clean.I hope you have a take down tool to help in the dis-assembley of the bolt
Sgraunk said:
Guys, this is my first post on this forumn. I have spent many hours reading all of your posts.

I have a really hard time getting my bolt clean after a range session with the 700 ML. The 209 primer kit that I installed ends up blowing back lots of powder and debris into the bolt and requires signiificant soaking.

Swampfox Any idea how to get this assembly clean? Since you have lots of experience in cleaning it, how do you do it? I tend to use IPA as a solvent and soak in a the IPA for a couple hours.

Thanks for any info on getting the 700 ML clean. I want to be shooting it for years to come and don't want it to corrode or fail. The gun shoots in about 2 inch groups with premium sabots. It is my go to gun for deer and elk.

Any other great tricks for getting maximum performance out of the 700 ML? Mine likes 110 grains of pellets. Any favorite loads?

Thanks,

I take the guts out of my bolt And spray them down with Windex. I then rinse them under the tap using warm water. I use a Q-Tip to clean the bolt face. I then dry everything and spray it lightly with WD-40.

No problems!

what is the twist on a 54cal rem 1-32 look at the man cannot find it in there... seams like i' seen it as 1-32 some where.... might be in my HEAD :lol: :lol:

can you shot a conical with a 1-28 twist :?: :?: looking at a lee real 300gr mold :shock: got a 320gr fore a 50cal make's a good bullet fore the price i' paid fore the mold :D :D thanks WORM

Back