IMR White Hots in Stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampFox

Reaction score
Powder Valley has the IMR Wite Hots on there site as in Stock Ready for Sell .Say's they are 72/Box $18.40.Might be a mis-print but thats the price on there site

http://www.gunsmagazine.com/DOB0209.html

there are 72 pellets. You can shoot two or three what ever you like and how ever hard you want to push the projectile. Clean up is with simple water. A 209 is required to ignite them. So you could get 24 or 36 shots per pack for $18.40 so between .50 or .75 cents a shot with the stuff. It does have some impressive velocity numbers for a 250 grain projectile.

I think they have to do this because of all the new powders entering the market...

Semisane said:
That's good news. Can Hodgdon be far behind with a new one?? Maybe next summer??

I'd love to see a price war.

Hodgdon is IMR, or IMR is Hodgdon. They said they were not going to introduce them until the 2009 S.H.O.T. Show, guess they changed their mind.

Most likely their hand was forced by Western.

The line has now been blurred beyond belief. This whole smokeless vs BP vs BP sub has no relevance anymore.

If it loads from the muzzle. Is limited to a single shot. It is a muzzleloader. Dated state laws need to catch up.

That said, I respect and understand the need for primitive weapon seasons. If trying to limit the harvest (i.e. elk and deer in non over populated areas), then yes, don't allow sabots, don't allow optics... But if you're just talking about MLing.... IMHO, it no longer makes any difference what pushes the projectile out the tube.

SwampFox said:
Powder Valley has the IMR Wite Hots on there site as in Stock Ready for Sell .Say's they are 72/Box $18.40.Might be a mis-print but thats the price on there site

That's odd since I spoke with IMR yesterday since I'm an FFL dealer and they said it wouldn't be available until after the Shot Show. I was inquiring so I could get some in stock.

Thats what we all thought,But look on there site and you'll see it listed as in Stock
bowhuntrrl said:
SwampFox said:

That's odd since I spoke with IMR yesterday since I'm an FFL dealer and they said it wouldn't be available until after the Shot Show. I was inquiring so I could get some in stock.

Semisane said:
That's good news. Can Hodgdon be far behind with a new one?? Maybe next summer??

I'd love to see a price war.

I toatally agree...they are not going to let Western powders (BH-209) steal their glory or market share on ML powder.

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back