Older Knight camo?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Reaction score
Found this nice old MK-85 but it has a camo pattern I have never seen on one. Anybody know if it's factory or not?

0521101008a.jpg

0521101008.jpg

Pics were with my phone so they aren't great but I think it does the job. It's a nice gun and I may buy it yet but I was curious about the camo.

That looks just like the pattern on the stock of a SS lk-93 I use to own. I am quite certain that is factory done. On my lk-93 it was labeled on the box as a "Treestand" stock.
mk-85038.jpg

Did you buy the gun?
Art
________
Jugallette

I didn't buy it yet but am thinking about it. I agree flounder it is mounted too far forward. I would move it to the rear holes and find some conicals it shot well if I bought it. Anybody know what the twist might be on a gun like this?

Now I am pretty sure that that gun would have been manufactured in 1994, give or take a year or two. That would make it a 1 in 28 twist. I have an mk-85 that is a 1 in 32 twist but that was made in 1986 I believe and it has a Lothar Walther barrel. The serial # on that one is 29XX. I think in 87 they went to the faster twist. Some on here are better Knight historians than I am.
Art
________
Frontenac (automobile)

Yep Original Mossy Oak Treestand, and it was factory. The twist is definitely 1:28 if it is a 50 cal? That MK-85 stamp on the left side of the receiver tells me that it is one of the later ones, early to mid 90's.

I also concur on the peep sight, too far forward.

Looks good Critter!

Yes it is a .50, I'm trying to stay with .50s for now. It is real clean from what I can tell. I need to bring a borelight with me to make sure the bore is ok. If it is I think I'll bring it home friday.

Latest posts

Back