Muzzleloader sickness, any known cure?.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchet10

Reaction score
First I just got my Christmas present early- a Knight Disc Extreme black/brown laminate .50 cal. What a beautifully made rifle, I still can't believe Knight went under while making these quality products. Anyway, it's my third Knight rifle and my second in the last four months. Bought a LRH when they were on sale at Cabelas in August. I think I have a severe case of muzzleloaderitis.....Quick question; are Disc rifle bolts interchangeable between different rifles? I'm 99% sure that they are since there are no headspace issues to deal with but I'm still not sure...

Hatchet10

No known cure, but there is a treatment... contiune to add to the collection it soothes the burning.

I switch mine around and there are no headspace issues...

:think: Well uh cure fer DA AFFLICTION is only more dem M/L's :shock: I fer1 hav no prublim wif da Affliction der :wink: :shock: 8) :D

I got sick a few years ago but got it really bad last year. The only treatments that work are finding great muzzleloader deals that you can't live without. Going to the range until your shoulder hurts. And, shooting a whitetail that you can post pictures of on the internet. The treatments last until spring, then you have to go for more.

Also, my whole family got sick. Its very contagious. Six muzzleloader deer later and we still get the chills at night. Going out next weekend to see if that helps. I hope I never find a cure!

You have to purge everything.
PM me and I will send my address.Send EVERYTHING to me and when the fever hits to buy more by all means buy it and send that to me also.
That's the only cure.
I'm doing this for your own good.

Signed,fellow sickie

Muzzleloading sickness???? Take 1500 rounds and 10lbs of powder and call me in the morning! :D

Hatchet10

No known cure, but there is a treatment... contiune to add to the collection it soothes the burning.
Sabotloader should know. He needs his own hospital!!!

Bucker

That's not true! I am just trying to catch up with Cayuga, Semi,UC and others...

Sides i'm not hooked i kin quit anytime i want

I can absolutely guarantee you will NOT find any known cure on internet forums. 8)

Sabotloader - I am in no way in the same league as you, Dave, and Semi. I've only got 5 in my rack now. But those 5 represent maybe 50 that have come and gone. I just don't have the space.

And until a manufacturer comes out with the PERFECT muzzleloader, there may be no changes. I'm going to punish them until they come out with that PERFECT design. :wink:

Well, at least it's reassuring that I'm not alone experiencing this wallet-thining and wife-upsetting condition. Thanks to all of you for your support and understanding....

Latest posts

Back