If you were ordering a new NULA.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be darned, look what I found on Sunday......120 yards, Parker BE, NULA 50 cal. 170 lbs. dressed. Finger Lakes Region of NYS. Thanks Bluegrassbubba!

buck09010.jpg

I would go with the NULA 50 cal. Like Doohan said, the Parker 275 BE shoots unbelievably well in mine(3/4" group out to 150 yards).

The 45 cal sounds good, but I would not shoot the kind of loads in the NULA that the Savage 45 cal guys are doing on the Greenboard. And as mentioned not a very good bullet selection etc.., Melvin has some recommended loads for the 50 cal NULA and I would stick with those. They are very adequate with plenty of power.

With the NULA's light contoured barrel, higher pressure loads would not be a recommended practice, but alternate loads can be had with higher velocity and lower pressure. Several guys here have developed some very good loads.

Lawdwaz, see my buck pix under Big Game section. Shot at 90 yards with my NULA. 275 Parker BE, 42gr 4795 powder. Deer went twenty yards, cartwheeled end over end. Half of his heart was gone after a shoulder hit from 20 plus feet in my treestand. The Parker's work very well indeed! :D

Latest posts

Back