Illinois Opening Day (11/20/09)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggie221

Reaction score
Got this buck around 08:00 on our opening day of gun season.
Shot was with Savage ML,300 gr Rem's,Harv. BCR sabots & 45 gr 5744 powder. Was 130 yds away quartering toward me. Shot was pass thru taking out lungs and top of heart. Weight was 202 lbs & 12 pts.
DSC00019.jpg

My son took these two does on opening day around 17:00 using his T/C Encore,250 gr Horn. XTP,short MMP sabot & 110 gr 777 loose powder.
DSC00017.jpg

The best opening day We've had.

Mark

Congrats on the great day! Hoping for a better second season next week up here,....all we had here was 65 degrees, SE winds & corn..corn and more standing corn. Hoping weather permits corn (at least some) removal by then. I got 3 full season tags & 2 ML tags still for Grundy & Lasalle,..just need some deer back in the woods!

Love those Illinios Bucks...... Been there several times for a week long Bow hunts...... Normally hunt the edge of Scott & Green Counties with Big M Hunt Club, Winchester,IL. Big Mike isa great guy........ See lots of deer, he wants those doe culled from the herd. It seems to be good sound deer management.

:D :D

CONGRATS to you and your son :!: :!: :!: You have more then just freezers full of meat there. You have a great hunting partner :!: :!: :!:

Good hunting :!: :!:

Thanks Hawgslayer---I actually have two sons that are hunters--Thank God their not artists or musicians--Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Mark :lol:

Hey man very impressive deer, you made a pretty long shot and gottem. thanks for sharing

Hey awesome shootin!!! Cool story as will!! Congrats to you both!!

Perry

sweet!!!
That is a really gorgeous deer.

And dad, yours aint bad either. :lol:

I love to see father and son hunts!! 8)

Congrats are in order. You must be a proud Dad.

Latest posts

Back