Is this a Savage?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Savage that had a barrel obstruction to me. Yuck.

paia said:
Looks like a Savage that had a barrel obstruction to me. Yuck.

Exactly what i was thinking too. Of course you will NEVER get a real story as to what Really happened.

Yes. Looks like it is a pre-Accu-Trigger model, or one with a custom trigger installed.

Do you have the facts to go along with the pictures? That might be the one that was reported to have happened in Quebec several months ago?

OUCH! :cry:

Busta said:
Yes. Looks like it is a pre-Accu-Trigger model.

Do you have the facts to go along with the pictures? That might be the one that was reported to have happened in Quebec several months ago?

No i dont, i just saw this on another forum and no one knew what rifle it was.

I went back and edited the trigger, since the receiver appears to be a newer one. The barrel nut is history, and from the looks of it, departed between the thumb and index finger. :(

Possibly the one TB reported on HPM?

Would be interesting to know what REALLY happened. As FG mentioned, we probably never will though. Luckily it looks as if he only damaged his hand. Hope his recovery goes well.

As a side note, if anyone feels that their Savage is unsafe, I would be willing to "dispose" of it properly...

That's unreal...also would like to hear the real story on it.
Hope he's recovering OK!

I read some info on another site, the link to the savage pics was taken off a canadian site so this very may well be the canadian we heard about some months ago.

While we may never know the exact circumstances, these photos ought to remind ALL of us how important it is to PAY ATTENTION when loading and firing our muzzleloaders. There is no room for error, no matter what brand muzzleloader or what type powder. Just about every accident with a muzzleloader ( or any firearm for that matter) can be traced to operator error. So keep it safe, and for Gods sake, pay attention to what you and those around you are doing.

Sorry for revivng an "old" thread, but these pictures surfaced today on a local ATV website. The individual was from a small town in Manitoba, Canada called Teulon. I have been able to confirm it, via members of the other board.

Just an FYI more or less. Should any other info come to light I'll gladly share it.

A little duct tape and super glue and he and his gun will be fine.

Man thats a horrible looking accident!

frontier gander said:
Busta said:
Yes. Looks like it is a pre-Accu-Trigger model.

No i dont, i just saw this on another forum and no one knew what rifle it was.

No facts needed - just speculate.

Course this is only allowed to be done to some manufacturers and individuals.

Sobering indeed.

Another note to mention.

When using a shooting rest, or LeadSled type of device, there is NO need to put your left hand forward of the action-or receiver.

The rifle will stay put, and needs no extra support or tweaking when you pull the trigger. Perhaps if this unfortunate person, had followed these instructions, the damage would not have been so bad.

There are many of us that shoot alot, and go thru multiple pounds of powder each year. Let's keep our head in the game, and go home with all our body parts, Lord willing.

Latest posts

Back